Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

‘The entertainers’ lol Still won **** all. 

Now we know how you tick...I

Football aint just about the arrogance behind just winning...Look at the 100k of fans & 1000s of players who actually make the Bbone, are Salt of the earth,

of our 4 proffesional leagues ,But loyally support /Play for their club, without an inclining of winning anything...

We  ourselfves Love Remembering various periods of our entertainers....Pur Own history should Keep us in that humble Package our owners try to radiate

throughout Club & adopted city...

Snidey point Scoring doesn't cut it, if one understands our One ethos & History ( of ups & downs)

We are the last fan-group that can get cocky.

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Did anyone who isn't a Newcastle fan actually call them the entertainers ffs

They got the nickname from the media. However, the Newcastle side of the 90s were always a great watch for the neutrals. They were useless in defence. To be fair, the Spurs side under Ossie Ardiles (they played 4 strikers!) were also great to watch going forward. Absolutely useless in defence which was quite weird as they had Sol Campbell and a decent keeper in Walker. 

Newcastle of the 90s were probably a very good defender and a top goalkeeper away from winning something. Alongside in game management when they should’ve seen out 1-0s and 2-0s.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

68% of PL footballers now fully vaccinated. 1 jab 81%. 

Apparently Serie A is 98% and Bundesliga 94% fully vaccinated 

Given the reported concerns and doubts about the jab surprised its as high as that...

But does need to be higher of course.

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd genuinely lose respect for Gray if he scored past us and didn't celebrate hard. This not celebrating business is so superficial. There was one lately that was absolutely ridiculous, can't think who it was.

Gray would definitely celebrate a goal against us.

I agree that players should celebrate but there are levels.

Fryatt getting a great reception with Hull and then being a cnut infront of the Kop springs to mind.

By all means enjoy the moment with your team mates or new fans etc

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

with such high jab rates in germany and italy, how come we haven't heard about all the dead or infirmed footballers ????

Sorry I meant the supposed concerns footballers are having about taking the vaccine - not in general .

Obviously 68% of players don’t have any doubts which is great .

Personally as a CEV person I was ready to be first in the queue pretty much to have the jab and looking forward to the booster (if I am eligible to have it ..) !

Edited by Super_horns

51 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd genuinely lose respect for Gray if he scored past us and didn't celebrate hard. This not celebrating business is so superficial. There was one lately that was absolutely ridiculous, can't think who it was.

Seeing as he's not the sharpest tool in the box he'd probably celebrate in front of us because he thinks he still plays for us whereas we'd all think 'fvckin hell he's gone full Adebayor'.

9 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

As an Arab, I see no issues with it and I find it hilarious and refreshing even. Lots of Middle Easterns I know feel the same way as me. How about they tackle actual racism instead of something like this? 

Context is important aswell. Seems the intention from Newcastle fans is quite innocent, they're donning the garbs of their clubs new owners - not in effect to take the piss, separate or make a mockery of; they're just simply showing their support and having fun.

Is anyone offended?

• Like 1

There's something immensely satisfying reading all the wild flailing of Man U pundits and fans this week - they've been thrown into complete disarray and disbelief after the 4-2 result. Nowhere in their estimations however is that Leicester might actually be a good team. 

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

I don't think it is, the fitness might be. Still reckon they'd do the current Newcastle team even having been on the lash the night before.

I watched the infamous Liverpool vs Newcastle game from that season during lockdown and I couldn't believe how bad it was and that was a game between two title challengers! Technically modern footballers are so much better. 

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Sorry I meant the supposed concerns footballers are having about taking the vaccine - not in general .

Obviously 68% of players don’t have any doubts which is great .

Personally as a CEV person I was ready to be first in the queue pretty much to have the jab and looking forward to the booster (if I am eligible to have it ..) 

This is isnt the place to get political, but if people have " supposed" concerns about getting vaccinated why can't you just respect their viewpoint?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

I watched the infamous Liverpool vs Newcastle game from that season during lockdown and I couldn't believe how bad it was and that was a game between two title challengers! Technically modern footballers are so much better. 

I felt the same when watching the England v Scotland rerun from Euro 96 during lockdown last year, it was really poor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

As an Arab, I see no issues with it and I find it hilarious and refreshing even. Lots of Middle Easterns I know feel the same way as me. How about they tackle actual racism instead of something like this? 

True. But It'd be more acceptable if they didn't just use their tea-towels from the kitchen.

Still shameless though.