Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

True. But It'd be more acceptable if they didn't just use their tea-towels from the kitchen.

Still shameless though. 

We honestly kinda don't care lol. Doesn't offend us, rather just makes it more hilarious that they use towels. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Images of the Burnley CEO trying to talk on the conference call while you can hear a Gravelly voice in the background shouting "DID YOU TELL THEM IT'S TOO MANY POUND NOTES?" in the background.

Yeah, roger that lol  But the part that stuck out to me was "Clubs with female CEOs (Everton, Leicester City and West Ham United) are claimed to have shown the strongest moral compass". 

I'm trying to figure out where the "Moral Compass" could possibly be among Gold, Sullivan and Karren Brady.  Maybe it got lost down her cleavage.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

Yeah, roger that lol  But the part that stuck out to me was "Clubs with female CEOs (Everton, Leicester City and West Ham United) are claimed to have shown the strongest moral compass". 

I'm trying to figure out where the "Moral Compass" could possibly be among Gold, Sullivan and Karren Brady.  Maybe it got lost down her cleavage.

We should probably dig around there and search for said compass 

Do feel a tad sorry for bruce. He did not do bad at all in terms of what was expected of him. His only investment in the team wasa 40 million striker that he didnt even want, ASM and joe willock. Over like 3 seasons thats not great. Would like to see someone young and british take over the job of a rebuild and give them a chance with resources to build a squad. Although anyone who takes the job must know it could be career ruining if it goes badly

1 minute ago, TheFiveTime said:

Do feel a tad sorry for bruce. He did not do bad at all in terms of what was expected of him. His only investment in the team wasa 40 million striker that he didnt even want, ASM and joe willock. Over like 3 seasons thats not great. Would like to see someone young and british take over the job of a rebuild and give them a chance with resources to build a squad. Although anyone who takes the job must know it could be career ruining if it goes badly

12th and 13th place finishes in the PL with a quarter final in each of the cups. Imagine if that was their special Rafa?!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

"Mutual consent"

Who’s going to take it then? I think it will end up being someone like Mark Hughes….. because they literally won’t be able to tempt anyone away from their club at the moment as it’s too much of a risk. Any self respecting manager anyway. 

Just now, Pliskin said:

Who’s going to take it then? I think it will end up being someone like Mark Hughes….. because they literally won’t be able to tempt anyone away from their club at the moment as it’s too much of a risk. Any self respecting manager anyway. 

Paulo Fonseca seems to be the current rumour, be someone else by tomorrow though

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Richard Keys actually mentioned he should be the next manager !

No surprise Bruce has gone - only that is took so long !

Guess someone is lined up now.

First job for them is to keep Newcastle up .

Just now, BenTheFox said:

I reckon they need to go for someone experienced and uninspiring who will keep them in the league and then move on in the summer.

Mu Newcastle supporting mate thinks Paulo Fonseca, the ex Roma boss who turned down Spurs.

Just now, Jobyfox said:

Surely Newcastle should appoint John Carver again as manager.

He was the: “… best coach in the Premier League …” last time he was in charge.

Admittedly, only according to himself! 

Best in the world!

Has anyone got that video of Steve Bruce making noises every time he sat down or got up when doing press conferences? He's been great value over the years and although he's limited as a manager, he's not anywhere near as bad as some of the dinosaurs that got gig after gig in the PL. 

Hope they've given him several million and he can go and have a few months on holiday. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Has anyone got that video of Steve Bruce making noises every time he sat down or got up when doing press conferences? He's been great value over the years and although he's limited as a manager, he's not anywhere near as bad as some of the dinosaurs that got gig after gig in the PL. 

Hope they've given him several million and he can go and have a few months on holiday. 

That's the thing, he's become somewhat of a joke but overall he hasn't had such a bad managerial career. He's got a few promotions to his name and that's more than can be said about a number of managers. It is however tedious how he always plays the victim. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Newcastle relegated lol 

16 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I reckon they need to go for someone experienced and uninspiring who will keep them in the league and then move on in the summer.

If they go for an extravagant manager and just drop them in, they could really struggle. 

You'd think they'd need to go sensible until the end of the year

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

• Haha 2

The thing is Newcastle’s owners will want a big name to sell to the fans.

A big name isn’t necessarily what they need right now.

When we were first taken over they brought in Pauli Sousa as the new big name fancy manager. I can see Newcastle doing the same with a Lampard, Gerard or Rooney type manager.

They need someone who knows how to do a full rebuild, they need players out the door, aside from Willson and St. Maximin I can’t see a decent PL player in their squad.

I can’t think of a single manager who will go there, it needs the ground work doing and it’s not going to be pretty for a couple of years. All this whilst every club knows they’re cashed up and Hamza all of a sudden becomes an 80 million quid player to them.