Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I’m sure the 8 million pay off will comfort Brucie for a while. It’s going to interesting to see who takes that poised chalice of a job. The Toon fans will be hoping for Conte Allegri poch when reality they’ll end up with Pardew again or alladyce Lol

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

If they go for an extravagant manager and just drop them in, they could really struggle. 

You'd think they'd need to go sensible until the end of the year

Their fans would hate it, but someone like Roy Hodgson or Sam Allardyce until the end of the season might be what they need. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has anyone got that video of Steve Bruce making noises every time he sat down or got up when doing press conferences? He's been great value over the years and although he's limited as a manager, he's not anywhere near as bad as some of the dinosaurs that got gig after gig in the PL. 

Hope they've given him several million and he can go and have a few months on holiday. 

https://fb.watch/8LFDwBeRcs/

• Haha 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Their fans would hate it, but someone like Roy Hodgson or Sam Allardyce until the end of the season might be what they need. 

Someone to keep them in the league to allow their rebuild to happen. But you're right, the fans would hate it. 

Without an actual structure in place yet, the new manager surely knows they'll be a stop gap 

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Someone to keep them in the league to allow their rebuild to happen. But you're right, the fans would hate it. 

Without an actual structure in place yet, the new manager surely knows they'll be a stop gap 

Whoever their long-term target is would be putting their reputation on the line if they were to come in now. 

• Like 1

I feel bad for Bruce. He took the home town managerial job when they were at one of their lowest points, knowing fans hated the club, hated him and the owners. I actually quite respect that he took it and never complained. Also his managerial career is far, far from bad. Far worse managers have come in and still get jobs. 

I hope het takes one last job where he's liked, respected and appreciated. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I feel bad for Bruce. He took the home town managerial job when they were at one of their lowest points, knowing fans hated the club, hated him and the owners. I actually quite respect that he took it and never complained. Also his managerial career is far, far from bad. Far worse managers have come in and still get jobs. 

what team do you play for?

3 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I understand that he is a footballer manager and he will naturally take the best jobs available to him but he doesn't do himself many favours. Throughout his career he has managed both Sheffield clubs, both Villa and Birmingham, and Sunderland and Newcastle. Not only that, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory with the way he walked on both Crystal Palace and Sheffield Wednesday. I understand him walking out on Hull though, given the situation they were in at the time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Agreed. Allardyce would keep them up no problem at all but you’re right - their fans would hate it. Muppets. 

Edited by SAFC1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I'd be intrigued to see what Dyche could do with an "expensively assembled side". 

I think he would be a decent appointment for them given their situation but I can't see him taking a job where he's likely to be sacked in eight months time. 

5 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

Agreed. Allardyce would keep them up no problem at all but you’re right - their fans would hate it. Muppets. 

The West Brom job last season shouldn't be held against him. No one was keeping that team up and I'm more amazed that he took it in the first place. As average as the Newcastle squad is, they have far better attacking players than West Brom did last season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I'd be intrigued to see what Dyche could do with an "expensively assembled side". 

He'd do well IMO, European places at least. I think it's unfair to say Burnley play Dinosaur football as in the last few games against us, that hasn't been the case. It's their blatant time wasting that I find harder to stomach! 

Eddie Howe might be a good choice for Newcastle as it stands. They need someone with Premier League experience to keep them up and he was also good at building a younger side. His transfers were awful, but someone else will handle that.

But the problem is whoever goes there basically only has 6-12 months before they get booted. Will be interesting to see how they get on as Everton spent a ton of money in recent years and if anything regressed since their takeover! Not as easy as just throwing money at the problem any more now there are so many wealthy teams in the league.

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Rafa abandoned the toon rather that work within Ashley's budget.  Bruce did a great job (12th & 13th) when they could have bern relegated.

The toon army should be ashamed of their treatment of bruce

38 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

How did leicester vote on the sponsorship issue?.  We play at the KP.

We voted against it - we would earn more from a different sponsor. The other clubs would likely allow us to keep king power as the named sponsor on that basis.  This is about Saudi national companies paying over the odds to sponsor newcastle. 

no way will the PL make it stick.  Newcastle will just agree to have the sponsorship numbers at justifiable commercial levels and then allow the Saudis to sponsor everything from the training ground footballs to toilet roll holders throughout the stadium! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We voted against it - we would earn more from a different sponsor. The other clubs would likely allow us to keep king power as the named sponsor on that basis.  This is about Saudi national companies paying over the odds to sponsor newcastle. 

no way will the PL make it stick.  Newcastle will just agree to have the sponsorship numbers at justifiable commercial levels and then allow the Saudis to sponsor everything from the training ground footballs to toilet roll holders throughout the stadium! 

When you say against... do you mean we voted to stop Newcastle receiving sponsorship from associated companies? (Like the kp money we get?)

Agree with the rest..... anyway their current rule is that sponsorships must be at commercial rates 

31 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

How did leicester vote on the sponsorship issue?.  We play at the KP.

Our KP deal was done at market rate in the Championship and stayed at that rate for 10 years, even after we won the league. I think it was about £4m a year, which was fine for the Championship but really bad for a top 5 Premier League team.

What Man City's owners did was get sponsorship deals with UAE companies that they either owned or were close to, injected their own money into those deals at a much higher rate than their competitors. In some cases 90% of the money in deals came from the owners and not the company. They also used their wealth to pay lawyers millions to fight every single minutia of the cases with UEFA, FA & PL. CAS overturned UEFA's punishment because while they had absolutely broken the rules, their crimes were time-barred and therefore the punishment couldn't be given. That's after they obfuscated UEFA at every step for 5 years and there are leaked emails that prove it. They've also been fighting the PL for 2 and a half years now, blocking every single part of the process and generally being uncooperative cheating twats. 2 months ago they lost a ruling that meant the legal dispute couldn't be a secret any more. They've spent more on lawyers than we did on Tielemans.

And Newcastle's new owners are FOURTEEN TIMES wealthier than Mansour. They'd just do the exact same thing which is why the whole league is voting to stop them - except Man City who abstained for obvious reasons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1