Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Unless you're talking about self-belief which I'd expect any top flight player/manager to have, you're talking rubbish. One of the most down to earth and genuine people you'll ever meet.

Wonder what the tenants of the properties he owns would have to say about that, personally.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Man U 2 down at home (admittedly Rashford has fcked up 2 chances).

I can't see OGS lasting much longer.

When you look at their next 8 games as well... although luckily for us OGS will put all his luck into the Liverpool and Man City games, win those, be underwhelming in the others, and still last a bit longer

image.png.51bb1e100d833d96d52fe9747eeab6b5.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Surely no way will they leave before our game on the 28th.  liverpool will make sure they get that game in. Of course the three players may be a little less committed than would usually be the case although I have no idea how strong their commitment to their nations is compared to their club. 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Surely no way will they leave before our game on the 28th.  liverpool will make sure they get that game in. Of course the three players may be a little less committed than would usually be the case although I have no idea how strong their commitment to their nations is compared to their club. 

There are rules about when they have to be released from their clubs

“FIFA rules state “players must be released and start travel to their representative team no later than Monday morning the week preceding the week when the relevant final competition starts.” The Confederation of African Football (CAF) says they are following this guidance. “The process and relationship (between clubs, FAs and players) is governed by this,” a CAF spokesperson told The Athletic.Hosts Cameroon kick off the tournament against Burkina Faso on Sunday, January 9, meaning Monday December 27 — 13 days previous — is, by that rationale, the date players will be required to leave their clubs.”

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I think international rules mean they have to be allowed to leave to join up with their squads. 

I'm pretty sure I read we'll lose Saiss and Boly on 20th December. 

Half our team are due to be going !

Sarr

Troost Enkong 

Dennis 

As if we aren’t struggling enough 

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

So we could be without Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho and Daniel Amartey for up to eight fixtures.

I think we will actually be okay, compared to other teams anyway

Daka and Soumare can come in for Ndidi and Iheanacho, and by then we will have JJ back who can play right centre back and possibly even Fofana

Could also be at that point we revert back to a 1 striker system of some kind to keep Daka and Vardy rotated and fit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

There are rules about when they have to be released from their clubs

“FIFA rules state “players must be released and start travel to their representative team no later than Monday morning the week preceding the week when the relevant final competition starts.” The Confederation of African Football (CAF) says they are following this guidance. “The process and relationship (between clubs, FAs and players) is governed by this,” a CAF spokesperson told The Athletic.Hosts Cameroon kick off the tournament against Burkina Faso on Sunday, January 9, meaning Monday December 27 — 13 days previous — is, by that rationale, the date players will be required to leave their clubs.”

i know that but i would expect liverpool to come to an arrangement with egypt and senegal in the interests of 'ongoing club/country harmonious relationships'.  we will probably try and do the same with nigeria. its only a couple of days.   

just read that the PL as an organisation are trying to get the date of release to be after NYD weekend fixtures …. 

Edited by st albans fox