Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think we will actually be okay, compared to other teams anyway

Daka and Soumare can come in for Ndidi and Iheanacho, and by then we will have JJ back who can play right centre back and possibly even Fofana

Could also be at that point we revert back to a 1 striker system of some kind to keep Daka and Vardy rotated and fit

Yep in that system we’d probably use Maddison/Perez behind the striker. Something like this:

Schmeichel

Pereira Evans Soyuncu JJ

Soumare Tielemans 

Lookman Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Daka, Perez, Castagne, Vestergaard, Thomas, Choudhury are all good rotation options in the cups to get us through AFCON.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Mafs not your strong point ??

Was a bit of a joke tbh .

We also could have Masina and Louza as well missing while Peter Etebo would have gone but for injury .

Some might say Sarr is our team attacking wise !

Edited by Super_horns
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, davieG said:

So we could be without Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho and Daniel Amartey for up to eight fixtures.

We're sadly getting used to playing without Ndidi for fairly long spells. Iheanacho will be a huge miss on current form and hopefully others will be back so Amartey is replaced.

Shouldn't be too bad, really.

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

wouldnt be surprised if there is a few 'injuries' to them Liverpool players around Christmas. 

Always happens. I remember schlupp having an injury, didn’t go then was back playing a few weeks after for us 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Always happens. I remember schlupp having an injury, didn’t go then was back playing a few weeks after for us 

One of my favourite Pearson post match press conferences.

'10 days to 2 weeks'....

9 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Some of the takes on this site are mental.

No, he took them up from the 4th division to the Premier League and like it or not they're a small club.

Don't base his time there on the last season.

Maybe my wording was too harsh. 

The achievement for Bournemouth was incredible and he should be lauded for that.

But, his achievement in the Prem has solely been getting between 46 and 34 points (42, 44 and 45 being the others.) He hit a brilliant 9th once, but the rest being lower mid table. 

That's the point Newcastle is currently already at. So surely bringing in a manager who has never hit above 46 points, having around £140m in net spend, for anymore than a year is surely consigning them to remain where abouts they are in the table? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The achievement for Bournemouth was incredible and he should be lauded for that.

But, his achievement in the Prem has solely been getting between 46 and 34 points (42, 44 and 45 being the others.) He hit a brilliant 9th once, but the rest being lower mid table. 

That's the point Newcastle is currently already at. So surely bringing in a manager who has never hit above 46 points, having around £140m in net spend, for anymore than a year is surely consigning them to remain where abouts they are in the table? 

Not quite true in reality. Football in the EPL is a bit like Forumla 1. All teams play the same game but those with more money, better resources etc tend to win. Most of the drivers are competent, but in the better cars they, surprisingly, get better results. The same is basically true in the Premier League - a little less linear perhaps but you can imagine Howe, with roughly £200 million to spend might achieve more. I certainly don’t think he’s the best manager around, but he isn’t the worst and he needs a job. Bless him. 

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Have Newcastle been taken over by a Lizard woman?

Handsome ain’t she. Imagine waking up next to THAT. My wife just said it would be slightly worse than waking up next to me - bless her sense of humour. I am an Adonis. 

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I guess I see it differently. For me he hit the glass ceiling at Bournemouth. I just don't think its possible to establish a club like that in the PL long term. And when you hit the glass ceiling, you are in the realm of the law of deminishing returns. We're seeing it with Sean Dyche too, Burnley will eventually drop, they get closer each year and when they do lets hope they never come back!

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

There's a massive difference between Bournemouth and Newcastle though.

The point Newcastle currently already at, is underachieving for them, but overachieving for Bournemouth. Howe was overachieving with Bournemouth just by keeping them in the division. 

I always felt Howe needed a DOF as his spending at Bournemouth was mad on average players (that said, it will be easier to attract players to Newcastle than it was to Bournemouth).

Edited by Fox92

Just seen this thing about Arsenal "signing" a four year old on development and he's being paraded in the media. Have to say - not sure I agree with the parents on this one. Obviously the kid is too young to understand pressure but it just doesn't sit right with me that this has happened. The club have denied they've signed him properly but I can't even begin to understand how this takes place

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-sign-four-year-old-25270298

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Some of the takes on this site are mental.

No, he took them up from the 4th division to the Premier League and like it or not they're a small club.

Don't base his time there on the last season.

He certainly did more than nothing, if you have money you still have to use the players correctly. But outspending all your competition until getting into the prem obviously is going to help… a lot. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Classic example of cosmetic surgery ruining someone's looks. She used to look like this!

article-1084049-026544A7000005DC-587_233

I read somewhere that a lot of it was down to her illness but to be honest I know very little about Huntingtons disease and whether it would have that sort of affect.

6 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I read somewhere that a lot of it was down to her illness but to be honest I know very little about Huntingtons disease and whether it would have that sort of affect.

I didnt realise she'd had that. Id read it as she was 'hunting tons of money' 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Chris wilder names being touted for the Newcastle job 😂 go from one negative manager to another. 

Wilder is a very underrated manager. People only remember his last season at Sheffield United but before that his career trajectory was crazy. He was achieving success every season at every level. Negative as well I think is a little unfair, again I think that view probably comes from his final season where he really didn't have a Premier League quality team. 

17 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

One of my favourite Pearson post match press conferences.

'10 days to 2 weeks'....

"What the Ghanaian FA decide to do in terms of making statements, how their administrators operate or comments the managers want to make, is entirely up to them, but quite frankly I couldn't care less about that."

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

"What the Ghanaian FA decide to do in terms of making statements, how their administrators operate or comments the managers want to make, is entirely up to them, but quite frankly I couldn't care less about that."

It's the way he says 'frankly......I......couldn't......care.....less about that'.