Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Even if that game wasn't, this is mentioned

"Liverpool have played the bottom side only once as leaders but on that occasion lost 2-1 at Tottenham Hotspur."

Yes Spurs at home… not away it seems ;) so bt means the bottom team wins away 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Is that away though? 

I had a mare and realised the listings were in order of top and bottom, not home and away after seeing your post! Edited my posted.

Edited by Nalis

Not watching this but must be the most pointless ever pick for a TV game. Literally no doubt about the result. Sport without jeopardy is a waste of time. 

One other thought - after going through the whole of last season with hardly a single injury, Chelsea are finally missing some key players today and yet they still luck out by getting to play this Norwich team at home, who they could beat with 10 men anyway. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not watching this but must be the most pointless ever pick for a TV game. Literally no doubt about the result. Sport without jeopardy is a waste of time. 

One other thought - after going through the whole of last season with hardly a single injury, Chelsea are finally missing some key players today and yet they still luck out by getting to play this Norwich team at home, who they could beat with 10 men anyway. 

if they have to show Norwich (which they do), at least do it at home against a top side. Otherwise it’s almost guaranteed to be a waste of time 

Edited by st albans fox

25 minutes ago, Langston said:

I didn't expect Norwich to stay up by any stretch, and they get well beaten in this game 99/100 times, but I didn't think they'd be as bad as they have been in general.

It's probably getting to the point where they have to give another manager a go. All the talk of gratitude, long term plans etc- getting beaten most weeks will take its toll on a manager too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

It's probably getting to the point where they have to give another manager a go. All the talk of gratitude, long term plans etc- getting beaten most weeks will take its toll on a manager too.

It’s not a bad shout. But it’s also quite clear that the players they have just aren’t good enough collectively at this level. Farke is a decent manager and plays good football. Just hard with what he has at his disposal. 

1 minute ago, Torten said:

Norwich have never come from 3-0 down away at Chelsea under Daniel Farke in October so I’d lump on Chelsea if you can fellas

Well I'm lumping on Norwich because Chelsea have never held on to a 3 goal lead against Norwich in October under Thomas Tuchel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Torten said:

Norwich have never come from 3-0 down away at Chelsea under Daniel Farke in October so I’d lump on Chelsea if you can fellas

I’d put my life savings on it and Norwich would make it 3-3 in the 97th minute or something, knowing me 

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Is the gap between the Championship and the EPL so great? It would appear so from Norwich's point of view.

But not so from Brentford's? Norwich seem to accept their fate before a ball is kicked. Far too easy to play against.