Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

I'm not defending deaththreats. But come on the fans had every right to hate what Bruce had done. People lazily point at some idiotic stat between him and Raffa and say, they're the same. While missing EVERYTHING ELSE that those fans watched week in week out. They saw him slowly break the team Raffa had built (who had WAAAAAAAY less money and brought them up), would constantly watch every Saturday as he pushed out a team with no plan. Lose massively (yeah the stat that the pundits seem to ignore when comparing Raffa and Bruce).Then make some of the dumbest post match interviews. And any push back would be met by snide remarks. Pardew had a FAR better stat ratio than Bruce. PARDEW! He is not a PL manager. 

Yes he is a person but sorry he got paid a LOT of money to take the weight of that club on his shoulders in the Premier League. This is big boy stuff. He failed. He entirely failed. He should NEVER have taken the job and once he knew he was out of his depth he should have stepped down. THAT'S on him. He's not some victim with zero agency like everybody seems to want to make out. All the pundits talking him up are his mates. The reporting on it has been appalling and lazy. And now they're blaming the fans... it's a joke. If that was us we'd be fuming. 

So in a nutshell what you’re saying is that it is perfectly fine to personally abuse a person provided they earn a decent wedge and take on a high pressures job?

Its fine to dislike what Bruce has done at a club, I’m not saying he is a good manager… but does that mean that he deserves the personal attacks he has been getting, and his family? That’s all acceptable is it? 

In an age where we’re supposed to be understanding the impact of abuse on mental health, and treating people with respect, all of this is perfectly acceptable because he took on a job where he should have understood the pressure? 

So using that logic, if I visit a doctor with an issue, and they can’t find a solution for the issue, it’s fine for me verbally attack them, and wish them and their family dead? Because that’s a high pressured job where the desired outcome hasn’t been reached….

The sentiment that “he knew what he was letting himself in for” thus deserves to be personally abused because of this is abhorrent and is partly why we constantly need to remind people that this type of behaviour isn’t acceptable. 

• Like 3

Two things- Why does the ref need to see the monitor to give the handball? The VAR ref should give it on the first viewing. Dear me.

Then, only 2 minutes stoppage time? The VAR must've taken at least three with the re-take. Just goes to show they go on the scoreline and not what actually happens.

• Like 1