Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

7 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Clearly offside in the build up. Brighton are so ****ing jammy with VAR

Strange decision considering it was the same move. What’s the difference if it had been three passes before the foul which would presumably overruled the penalty. 
As usual VAR revert to subjective interpretation, offside is now allowed depending on the whim of the official. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he was in black then you definitely wouldn’t be able to see him on a blk/white telly !

Brighton have reverted to type over the past few weeks - unable to score 

Black & White telly still available?

36 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

The level of entitlement from Man City in the complaints for that penalty is equally pathetic and predictable. Well done Brighton in this half, get another few! 

It will be a good day for football when Man.City get there arses kicked -again!

23 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Strange decision considering it was the same move. What’s the difference if it had been three passes before the foul which would presumably overruled the penalty. 
As usual VAR revert to subjective interpretation, offside is now allowed depending on the whim of the official. 

Nah, it was offside and the Lino missed it but it didn’t lead to a goal, maybe if he’d put it in the back of the net instead of getting a peno it might have been called, but you’ve got to give the officials some decisions and mistakes.

• Haha 1

On 22/10/2021 at 14:26, peach0000 said:

Wilder is a very underrated manager. People only remember his last season at Sheffield United but before that his career trajectory was crazy. He was achieving success every season at every level. Negative as well I think is a little unfair, again I think that view probably comes from his final season where he really didn't have a Premier League quality team. 

Perhaps but I'm not sure he's a premier league manager. Think his exit from the blades could have been handled better from Wilder, the idea he resigned and expected a pay off...

19 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Nah, it was offside and the Lino missed it but it didn’t lead to a goal, maybe if he’d put it in the back of the net instead of getting a peno it might have been called, but you’ve got to give the officials some decisions and mistakes.

Offside in the build up will negate a penalty call

on this one, because brighton went back again in the move, it was decided that Man City had a chance to reset and it became a different phase 

Also watching MOTD I don't get Norwich / Farke. How can a team be so good one year and then so awful following year, how do they build up the confidence so well then have it evaporate and then still be able to rebuild it?? Also how how have they not learnt about what it takes in the PL? You see teams coming up with them who they've outperformed in the league below go on to adapt so much better in the PL - Brentford a classic example - must be psychological somehow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Also watching MOTD I don't get Norwich / Farke. How can a team be so good one year and then so awful following year, how do they build up the confidence so well then have it evaporate and then still be able to rebuild it?? Also how how have they not learnt about what it takes in the PL? You see teams coming up with them who they've outperformed in the league below go on to adapt so much better in the PL - Brentford a classic example - must be psychological somehow.

I think the fixtures crushed them. As soon as they took that hiding on day one the narrative of its all going to happen again sunk in. 

They are a far better team then they’ve been showing. But that’s up to the manager to sort out 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

In contrast to @Lambert09 I think this is as bad a team as I've seen in the Prem for quite some time. Even we cantered to a 2-1 win that was more comfortable than it looked on paper, when we were in the midst of playing some of the worst footy we've been subjected to in years. We had a couple of wobbly moments (VAR call for example) but we never looked in real danger of surrendering the lead once we had it from Albrighton.

Their forward line is laughable - even the mighty Pukki seems to have given up on turning up when he's not in a Finland shirt. Their young lad Sargent looks so out of his depth it's laughable - I'll hold my hands up if I'm proven wrong, but he doesn't even look up to Championship standard, let alone top flight. If that's the calibre of player Farke has brought in to strengthen the Canaries, it's going to be a grim year. We can afford to sit a player like Patson Daka on the bench after spanking four past Spartak Moscow. Be grateful.

Defensively frail as proven today to devestating effect - we may be bad, but we're not -21 goal difference after less than 10 games bad... and they drew two of those games, somehow. They're getting spanked on a regular basis.

They're not staying up. At this point it's more a case of whether they'll be more last season's Sheff Utd, or giving Derby a run for their money.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3