Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

In contrast to @Lambert09 I think this is as bad a team as I've seen in the Prem for quite some time. Even we cantered to a 2-1 win that was more comfortable than it looked on paper, when we were in the midst of playing some of the worst footy we've been subjected to in years. We had a couple of wobbly moments (VAR call for example) but we never looked in real danger of surrendering the lead once we had it from Albrighton.

Their forward line is laughable - even the mighty Pukki seems to have given up on turning up when he's not in a Finland shirt. Their young lad Sargent looks so out of his depth it's laughable - I'll hold my hands up if I'm proven wrong, but he doesn't even look up to Championship standard, let alone top flight. If that's the calibre of player Farke has brought in to strengthen the Canaries, it's going to be a grim year. We can afford to sit a player like Patson Daka on the bench after spanking four past Spartak Moscow. Be grateful.

Defensively frail as proven today to devestating effect - we may be bad, but we're not -21 goal difference after less than 10 games bad... and they drew two of those games, somehow. They're getting spanked on a regular basis.

They're not staying up. At this point it's more a case of whether they'll be more last season's Sheff Utd, or giving Derby a run for their money.

I was actually quite offended that they turned up with Grant Hanley ready to play the full 90. Should be relegated for that alone. Awful.

• Haha 1

Just now, KFS said:

I was actually quite offended that they turned up with Grant Hanley ready to play the full 90. Should be relegated for that alone. Awful.

well to be fair, us ending up with a midfield duo of Dean Hammond and Gary Taylor Fletcher to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is the stuff of club legend at this point. Thing is, within two years of that happening we'd already had Kante and Cambiasso come and go. Mental.

:pearson:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Respect from Leicester fan 👊

634139C6-B20C-4330-BEF4-E760D1E29B61.jpeg

I used to have a lot of respect for Newcastle fans but it’s rapidly diminishing with them justifying these owners with the lines of ‘You’re all jealous, you would be fine if they owned you’.

Mike Ashley has really screwed them up badly. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Our striker depth is the best in the league without question. What a weird thing to say

Our IN FORM striker depth is currently best in the league but overall quality? If I was being impartial, I'd have to say UTD. Ronaldo, Cavani, Martial, Rashford and Greenwood.... They might not be in form right now but you can't deny that quality. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

"don't upset my new paymasters"

What, those ones who have imprisoned a bloke and forced a confession out of him for having CBT oil in his car? 

That was the UAE.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Livid said:

I used to have a lot of respect for Newcastle fans but it’s rapidly diminishing with them justifying these owners with the lines of ‘You’re all jealous, you would be fine if they owned you’.

They have a point.

Not saying I agree with the Saudi government's ethics but it's incredibly easy to have a holier than thou attitude with this takeover when it's not your club, case in point being Palace fans yesterday. No doubt those with the banner would have been lapping it up if the Saudis bought Palace and they know it.

Edited by Nalis

8 hours ago, KFS said:

Being touted as ‘racist’ because of the SA depiction. I think from reactions from our own on this forum thats a bit far fetched. Reading the palace forum it seems Stavely was most upset by it. Best fvcking get used to it. I hope we do a full tifo when they come to Leicester. 

It is offensive only if what is stated on the banner is untrue. And offensive to who? Well done to whoever put it up. The Saudi regime is one of the worst on this earth and deserves all the bad publicity it gets. Im sure that the police have better things to do than spend any  time on this. 

22 minutes ago, Nalis said:

They have a point.

Not saying I agree with the Saudi government's ethics but it's incredibly easy to have a holier than thou attitude with this takeover when it's not your club, case in point being Palace fans yesterday. No doubt those with the banner would have been lapping it up if the Saudis bought Palace and they know it.

Think that is too simplistic. They wanted Ashley gone, well Merry Christmas! But expecting the wider footballing world to rejoice another repressive regime joining the whoring EPL is not a point of celebration, surely?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm not sure how many Newcastle fans are lapping it up. The media love to pick out the numptys in costumes waving Saudi flags but I'd like to think they are a minority. 

I suspect that most are feeling uncomfortable with this but staying silent if it means their club will massively benefit. 

The Palace banner and statement could well be the start of the non-exceptance of this. Newcastle will have these dark clouds hanging over the club whilst these owners remain. Nothing to do jealousy, in fact just the opposite. 

I think plenty of plenty of Newcastle fans are lapping it up. I am really disappointed in the number of my Newcastle-supporting friends who simply do not care about the human rights abuses and meet any challenge with talk of arms deals and a sense they’re being picked on. As far as they are concerned they’ve won the lottery.

If I was to guess I’d say:

2% are the teatowels-on-their-heads morons

70% Don’t care

25% Feel uncomfortable but are staying silent

3% Are either boycotting or actively showing some disapproval

There is a proper siege mentality around that club now. 

Edited by ttfn

38 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I think plenty of plenty of Newcastle fans are lapping it up. I am really disappointed in the number of my Newcastle-supporting friends who simply do not care about the human rights abuses and meet any challenge with talk of arms deals and a sense they’re being picked on. As far as they are concerned they’ve won the lottery.

It's the same for some of the player's. My neighbour's nephew is a young lad who was on the periphery of their first team under Bruce and made several first team appearances. I asked my neighbour how his nephew was feeling about the news expecting him to say he's really disappointed as it'll mean if they splash the cash his chances of making it in the PL will be virtually zero (let alone all the ethical issues) and he said he'd spoken to his brother (nephews dad) and they were delighted by the news and really hoping Lampard gets appointed due to his history of promoting youth. I came away from the conversation thinking our neighbours family are either extreme optimistists or just naive/deluded. It'll be interesting to see how this kids career pans out but I'll be astonished if he establishes a career at Newcastle. 

2 hours ago, Livid said:

It's what idiots will say. Every club has them. They're in a tough spot like all fans in that we have no real control. They had no control of getting rid of Ashley and they have no control now. They can only support the CLUB, like all of us and take the ride. The problem isn't a NUFC problem it's that football and the PL is broken. These insanely wealthy owners with dark backgrounds own the league. The whole thing is rotten.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

If I was to guess I’d say:

2% are the teatowels-on-their-heads morons

70% Don’t care

25% Feel uncomfortable but are staying silent

3% Are either boycotting or actively showing some disapproval

There is a proper siege mentality around that club now. 

And one even thinks it’s a completely different country