Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Surely absolutely nowhere. It’s not even remotely offensive. Even ‘the referee’s a willy puller’ is more offensive.

Surely the only way there would be actions is if there’s government pressure.

Still, at least the police getting involved means it’s being seen by even more people. 

It's probably the stereo-type arab man wielding a bloody saber. It's not good seen objectively in terms of racism. The message is probably irrelevant because the straight imagery probably breaks a bunch of rules. 

7 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

It's probably the stereo-type arab man wielding a bloody saber. It's not good seen objectively in terms of racism. The message is probably irrelevant because the straight imagery probably breaks a bunch of rules. 

I see where you’re coming from, but a lawyer should argue for that to be offensive it would have to represent all Saudis, rather than just the one man pictured, Salman, who is known for overseeing beheadings anyway.

7 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I see where you’re coming from, but a lawyer should argue for that to be offensive it would have to represent all Saudis, rather than just the one man pictured, Salman, who is known for overseeing beheadings anyway.

I know, I agree. Especially as it specifically has PIF written on him. But I think it's a bit like that anti-capitalist street mural Corbyn got done for tweeting about. Before it was taken down. The representation of the wealthy men that rule the world playing monopoly with our lives, one was Jewish (not a stereotype) and another was Arabic (it had a Russian and American etc in it as well). It didn't matter about the artist's ideological background (steeped in anti-capitalism and no antisemitism/racism) or the mural's meaning. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

I know, I agree. Especially as it specifically has PIF written on him. But I think it's a bit like that anti-capitalist street mural Corbyn got done for tweeting about. Before it was taken down. The representation of the wealthy men that rule the world playing monopoly with our lives, one was Jewish (not a stereotype) and another was Arabic (it had a Russian and American etc in it as well). It didn't matter about the artist's ideological background (steeped in anti-capitalism and no antisemitism/racism) or the mural's meaning. 

Russians and Americans?   It was about bankers and the ruling class elite.   The depiction of the two Jewish bankers was an issue in that they were heavily stereotyped in appearance.  And a third of the people the artist wanted to show in a poor light were Jewish.  I can appreciate the general point the artist wanted to make but he let himself (and more importantly, the artwork) down. 

the poster needs to have the sword removed - then it surely can’t  be considered racist ??

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

They've got a point no? 

It's a waste of time each time they get promoted recently 

Norwich are a strange one because they can stick with Farke and be what they are or replace him and become either a Burnley Crystal Palace type if things go well / a mid table championship side if it goes wrong.

Its odd to say but what they are doing is probably offers an element of stability for a club of their size and investment rather than the potential risk of what I've mentioned in my first para.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Russians and Americans?   It was about bankers and the ruling class elite.   The depiction of the two Jewish bankers was an issue in that they were heavily stereotyped in appearance.  And a third of the people the artist wanted to show in a poor light were Jewish.  I can appreciate the general point the artist wanted to make but he let himself (and more importantly, the artwork) down. 

the poster needs to have the sword removed - then it surely can’t  be considered racist ??

I didn't remember the specifics, I just remembered the incident. I don't remember two Jewish men represented. If that's the case, bad example, I apologize. 

I guess, but I still think the steroetype image of an angry Arab man kills it. It's feeding into the stereotype ad trope even with the initial written on it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Kane is properly phoning it in this season. 

Nuni's style of football will give him the perfect excuse, too.

Need Liverpool to win this- table looks very tight from 4th to 11th.