Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, bfox said:

There's not another team that press like Liverpool do... ruthless.

Credit where its due, David Moyes has West Ham pressing exceptionally. Watching Man United try and press us and Liverpool and leaving spaces all over the place gives you a real appreciation for how hard pressing is. It's not just about being fit and hard working, there's a massive amount of organisation in it too. 

West Ham are superb at it. They give you absolutely no room to work with. 

They're obviously not as good as Liverpool at breaking teams down and that's why they're an upper mid table team and nothing more. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

This could be an utter disaster for us 😂 we don’t need Ole sacked because the way they are playing really helps our top four chances 😂 kinda glad they’ve not done them for ten as could have happened.

Its so obvious as well this was going to happen, shows Uniteds owners are only looking at financial figures in regard to their name and deals - rather than what is occurring on the pitch.

We all got slated when Claudio got the boot from here but we all saw the writing was on the wall with our performances at that time, United are so ignorant to their own demise it’s crazy!

Think United’s problems run a bit further than the manager…… there’s no spine in that team! 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Think United’s problems run a bit further than the manager…… there’s no spine in that team! 

Their signings have been poor, especially for the prices paid… they aren’t building anything there, it is just the same old every season, bring in some old superstars and hope for the best 

Just now, turlo said:

I honestly didn't think Ole could do some badly with all these world class players in his squad. Just throwing them on the pitch without any coaching or tactics should be enough to get them top 4. 

It's too top heavy though, their midfield is non existent, and the defence is a shambles 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Credit where its due, David Moyes has West Ham pressing exceptionally. Watching Man United try and press us and Liverpool and leaving spaces all over the place gives you a real appreciation for how hard pressing is. It's not just about being fit and hard working, there's a massive amount of organisation in it too. 

They're obviously not as good as Liverpool at breaking teams down and that's why they're an upper mid table team and nothing more. 

I suspect that West Ham are a twanged Antonio hamstring away from mid table 

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I suspect that West Ham are a twanged Antonio hamstring away from mid table 

Yeah maybe, I'm not suggesting they're a world class side. I think they're a bit of a one trick pony and they've finished below us last couple years for good reasons. 

But they're one of the best pressing sides in the world at the moment and Moyes and his team deserve credit for that. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Eh? They barely leave their half unless they have the ball

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah maybe, I'm not suggesting they're a world class side. I think they're a bit of a one trick pony and they've finished below us last couple years for good reasons. 

But they're one of the best pressing sides in the world at the moment and Moyes and his team deserve credit for that. 

Fact is as well if Moyes was ten years younger and was Belgian he'd probably be touted for the United role

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/harry-maguire-2021-22-performances.464092/page-18

Man United fans really, really don't rate Harry Maguire.

I know it's all sort of subjective shite, but his whole body language in the biggest game in English football when he's captain of arguably the biggest club in the world was shocking tbh.

• Like 1