Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, Blue ROI said:

I reckon he'd go to Man Utd a lot sooner than he would Spurs or Arsenal. 

Agree with that as there both basket cases in different ways !

Chelsea, Barcelona would be his preferences - we will see I guess 

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Going back to Brentford today, watching that level of performance with no star names. United would not get close to them, staggering.

Should really put an end to the “anyone could win stuff with Liverpool/Man City” debate…. World class managers make a difference, simples 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man U can't bully the league anymore, they could buy their way out of trouble in the past.

They could go to any club and buy their best players in the 90, 00.

Now there are 3 or 4 teams that can compete financially.

Gary N embarrassing himself.

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The mental gymnastics Neville does to try and pretend OGS is good enough are hilarious. 

He’s sort of like Leicester’s Puel. Got the right ideas, can play some decent stuff, and assembled a better squad than he inherited. But ultimately he’s lacking in too many areas to ever take you to the level you should be at, with said squad. 

Just now, Babylon said:

He’s sort of like Leicester’s Puel. Got the right ideas, can play some decent stuff, and assembled a better squad than he inherited. But ultimately he’s lacking in too many areas to ever take you to the level you should be at, with said squad. 

He didn't assemble anything. He doesn't sign the players. 

• Like 2

Just now, Babylon said:

lol give it a rest. I hate Man U but OGS is far better than Puel.

• Like 1

If Rodgers walked away tomorrow, and we HAD to appoint a manager from a current PL team …… out of the other 19, where would OGS come on the wish list? I reckon for me, he’d be in the bottom 6. Yet he’s good enough for the biggest brand in world football? 🤷

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

If Rodgers walked away tomorrow, and we HAD to appoint a manager from a current PL team …… out of the other 19, where would OGS come on the wish list? I reckon for me, he’d be in the bottom 6. Yet he’s good enough for the biggest brand in world football? 🤷

This is the point - there is really no PL club that would appoint OGS 

22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

For as good as we have been in recent weeks, Liverpool put 5 past Man United and Zenit just beat Spartak 7-1 in Russia!

Maybe we are just good at setting teams up for an even bigger demolition in the next game!

These 3 wins have come at the perfect time, but I'm under no illusions how shit Man Utd currently are, the same with Spartak. We've a long way to go to get back to the level we've been under Rodgers, I'm still not sure this is the right system either but we are building a bit of momentum which is essential.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Ole is the worst manager in the league and has been since he was appointed. He wouldn't get a club out of the Championship like Farke has.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

19th

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Sorry didn’t think I had to spell it out that they are part of a team on that side of things. 

Honestly don't think Ole is even that tbh. 

United seem to make almost entirely corporate decisions when it comes to transfers, more than any other club really they seem to be directionless in a football sense. 

I wasn't being facetious at all. I just think the head coach at Old Trafford genuinely has the least input of pretty much all the coaches in the league (bar maybe Bruce at Newcastle under Ashley.) 

• Like 1

De Gaal and Mourinho did actually manage to win trophies at United, Solskjaer has spent a truckload, and hasn't.

Gary Neville sort of had a point about United not being able to press, as the only time Solskjaer has gotten decent results out of his team is by setting them up like a Roy Hodgson team, deep defence (stops Maguire being done for pace in behind also), 2 DMs at least, pace up front for the counter attacks, then make good use of the diving ability of Fernandes and the other forwards to con refs out of cheap penalties. Get a goal in front, bring on Matic to bolster the midfield to 3 DMs, then timewaste from there.

But Yanited are convinced they are the biggest and bestest Football club on the planet, and the best players must play for them, and they can outspend everyone else, so they flung 70 million plus for Sancho after several years of openly tapping him up in the media, and they got Varane, and Ronaldo, so why shouldn't they be able to just outplay everyone with attacking football, they are Man United, cower before their reputation! But if they don't sit back and counter, their pace up front isn't as valuable, they've ditched DMs to fit in Pogba, higher defensive line stuffs up the 80 million pound wardrobe (another player they tapped up openly for 2 years, couldn't accept there might be a better option for less cash elsewhere, they are Man United and they always get their man). They are too intoxicated by their own nostalgia for their 90s and their self image to accept they are really a negative anti football team, and now have no identity at all.

• Like 2