Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Ole is the worst manager in the league and has been since he was appointed. He wouldn't get a club out of the Championship like Farke has.

To be fair, getting a team out of the Championship is an immense challenge and there are many managers in the PL that might not be able to do that. But I totally get your point 😂

Man Utd's hammering by Liverpool highlights the importance of a clear transfer strategy.

Man U clearly needed to strengthen their central defence and midfield, yet the only major signing they made in those areas was Varane. It just appears their strategy, if any, is about marketing and selling shirts - they'd be in a far stronger position if they'd spend the wage money for Ronaldo on a quality central midfielder. 

In a way, a difficult season might be the best thing for Man Utd in the long term so they can go back to basics and build a team around signings on a lower budget with a clear strategy like Liverpool did, rather than continuing to just make CL and getting short-term fixes. Conte would be an unsurprising appointment but would likely be a short-term move, similar to Mourinho. 

They need someone who'll build the club from its foundations, obviously like Sir Alex Ferguson did or Pearson did for us. 

Also shows how important centre-halves are. The three most vital positions are goalkeeper, striker and centre-half - it's why Liverpool paid those premiums for two of those positions. Look how we struggled without Evans and Fofana, and how Man Utd look so shaky without Varane. 

Rodgers got such an unfair time from some of the posters here. If there is criticism, you can get it about how we defend set pieces or the team selection vs Legia Warsaw but he's doing a tremendous job with the resources he has and is fairly unique as a brilliant coach and man manager. Man Utd would be silly not to be considering him, and given their recent record of bizarre decisions, that would suggest they aren't! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Man United really have shot themselves in the foot with signing Ronaldo, haven't they? Contracted to 2023 too.

He just completely breaks their system. Genuinely feel a bit sorry for Cavani, who was a much better fit.

Cavani wasn’t a long term option realistically either. They’re now stuck with Ronaldo though, as no one is going to join them and be a back up. Haaland won’t go to United with him there. 

• Like 1

4th place this season really is wide open. The top 3 looks miles ahead of anyone, but beyond that whoever can put a run of form together will take it out. Having watch Man Utd and Spurs a few times this season I would say ours and West Ham’s best is better than Man Utd and Spurs best.

Everton look like they’ll do Everton things and ultimately finish 8th, Arsenal look good in flashes, but are a 6-10th team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly don't think Ole is even that tbh. 

United seem to make almost entirely corporate decisions when it comes to transfers, more than any other club really they seem to be directionless in a football sense. 

I wasn't being facetious at all. I just think the head coach at Old Trafford genuinely has the least input of pretty much all the coaches in the league (bar maybe Bruce at Newcastle under Ashley.) 

I think there was a definite shift in policy when he came in. Focusing on more younger English talent, over your Sanchez, Mhykatarian types that they started going for post Fergie.

He tried to bring back a young British core to the team, as that was seen as part of thier Fergie DNA. 

Man U fans have said the same https://mufclatest.com/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-building-british-core/

I’m not suggesting he’s picked every player, but I think he set that plan in motion.

56 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Just seen this.

That's class (and obviously spot on).

the PL will probably fine them for it………..

Edit… they have already complained…. Stating it’s an offensive banner…..

Edited by Pliskin
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

the PL will probably fine them for it………..

Edit… they have already complained…. Stating it’s an offensive banner…..

That's quite ironic for them to state that; considering that they've just approved a highly controversial banner, that's certainly offensive to the innocent victims of Saudi Prince regime..

• Like 1