Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

That's quite ironic for them to state that; considering that they've just approved a highly controversial banner, that's certainly offensive to the innocent victims of Saudi Prince regime..

I don’t think there isn’t a single thing about the Newcastle takeover that isn’t offensive…… so it is very ironic…… 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sly said:

They didn’t need Ronaldo, he’s actually a hindrance in how he plays. It was the same at Juventus. The man can’t press. 

Having Ronaldo and Cavani as strikeforce options might have been ideal for the Xbox 360 generation but flawed in 2021/22.

Re anti-PIF banners, surely we, or any other club, could just get away with a massive 'Justice for Jamal' banner or something. If something like that gets suppressed or action taken against it then the cat is well and truly out of the bag in terms of the Premier League's motives.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

Would anyone take Maguire back on a free transfer? 

No. He’s a low block and counter defender. He’d be as shaky as Cags is if not worse in our current side. 

The moment Man U work out they need to employ a counter style and let AWB and him defend only, they’ll sort their shit out. 

The Man U players have no respect for Ole. Why would they when that piszhead, Fergie, is still allowed to wander around OT, calling the shots and Ole still refers to him as the "Gaffer"?

There's talent in that squad somewhere. Whoever goes in, has a shitshow to sort out on and off the pitch. 

Well, there's Maguire of course...he's a liability and a donkey with a turning circle of an oil tanker. £80m, captain and undroppable. His days must be numbered though. He's been found out (although we did point them out). £300k per week for a donkey.

Pogba is another Balotelli and will always cost a manager their job. He isn't wired up right.

CR is a super-luxury player with a super-luxury ego to match. Undroppable. God knows what his wages are. An absolutely pointless signing just to stop their rivals from getting him,

Man U still have could easily unsettle many managers. That's very slowly changing but in fairness, they still have a lot of pull and influence and will do for many years past my lifetime. I'm happy to see the plastics I went to school with suffering like many other normal football fans. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sampson said:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/harry-maguire-2021-22-performances.464092/page-18

Man United fans really, really don't rate Harry Maguire.

The Manchester Evening News gave him 0/10, accompanied by the following comment:

Must be top of the Premier League assists chart for the amount of goals he has gifted the opposition. A walking disaster culpable for just about every goal.

Ratings

All we've heard since yesterday's Old Trafford debacle is nothing else.

The world of football does not revolve around Manure and the sooner the pundits and media understand that the better.

Over half of MoTD 2 was devoted to their demise. Why shouldn't a useless side get stuffed?!!

10 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

All we've heard since yesterday's Old Trafford debacle is nothing else.

The world of football does not revolve around Manure and the sooner the pundits and media understand that the better.

Over half of MoTD 2 was devoted to their demise. Why shouldn't a useless side get stuffed?!!

Because living through the United dominate and win everything years means we get to enjoy it.

It's not quite the same as Arsenal as they were on the slide for a while but 10 years ago Man U were still winning leagues and cups with relative ease. Even Man City only beat them by 1 goal. 

12 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

They certainly have the players.  It’s so strange they can’t see it.  

I'm not convinced they actually do have the players for Conte. 

I think he's one of the best in the world, don't get me wrong, he's class. But he'd require way more adjustment than Tuchel did going in to Chelsea. 

While Ole has no idea what his footballing style or philosophy is, Conte is the polar opposite. He's got a clear vision of his 3412 that he's fairly married to. Problem is, United don't have the personnel to make it work. They have no dynamic box to box powerhouse, they've got little by way of outright quality at wing back, they've got one competent centre back and a whole host of wide attacking players. 

To be genuine title contenders under Conte they'd need a new right wing back, probably a new left wing back (it would be interesting to see Telles under a different manager), a couple of world class centre halves, a hard working strike partner to do the grunt work for Ronaldo and a world class box to box midfielder (although that has just reminded me they have DvdB just sat there doing nothing.)

Edited by Finnegan

No team in the prem can afford to carry a player. United are carrying at least 2 every week. 

The 2 holding mids of either McTominey, Fred or Matric is about about the weakest in the league. I cant think of any of the top 15 in the league where you would put them in the team. 

They haven't strengthen that position in years and thats why they get beat most weeks as their front 4 do not defend. 

I was surprised that they didnt go big for N'didi to be honest in the summer but instead brought Sancho who they really didnt need. 

Tunchel going into Chelsea had a lot easier job that anyone taking over from Ole. Chelsea had the players in every posisition already but Framk couldnt get them playing. United are short in so many posistions. 

But dont worry there fans think they will get Haaland and that will help?! Why would he go there in the summer and play second fiddle to a 38 year old?? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

No team in the prem can afford to carry a player. United are carrying at least 2 every week. 

The 2 holding mids of either McTominey, Fred or Matric is about about the weakest in the league. I cant think of any of the top 15 in the league where you would put them in the team. 

They haven't strengthen that position in years and thats why they get beat most weeks as their front 4 do not defend. 

I was surprised that they didnt go big for N'didi to be honest in the summer but instead brought Sancho who they really didnt need. 

Tunchel going into Chelsea had a lot easier job that anyone taking over from Ole. Chelsea had the players in every posisition already but Framk couldnt get them playing. United are short in so many posistions. 

But dont worry there fans think they will get Haaland and that will help?! Why would he go there in the summer and play second fiddle to a 38 year old?? 

Heard a good point on the radio yesterday, that we should actually feel sorry for Fred. He’s the only one if you watch closely making the right movements to actually get a press going but the overrated Fernandes thinks that’s beneath him so gets bypassed far too easily. Pogba the same. You can see it in our goals against them too. Just woeful amounts of arrogance in that side.

• Like 1