Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

We should never had got rid of Pleat

We newer gave McLintock a chance he would have brought us straight back up again as he was a phenomenal player.

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Well some spurs fans hounded Poch out of the club and now look what they’ve been left with. Those wanting Rogers out take note! 

I don't think they hounded him out. 

Plus wanting Rodgers out has nothing to do with it. Not that I do btw, but it is possible to sack a manager and recruit a better one. I get fed up of hearing "be careful what you wish for". I think Brighton are the best recent example of this - sacking a successful manager and appointing a replacement who has done a better job - as I recall everyone telling Brighton the same "be careful" thing.

18 hours ago, BKLFox said:

just had to check the table after these posts as I thought we were now 20pts from top 4 but I find we are only 6 from 3rd

Stay away from the sharps tonight won’t u 😂 

Let's see where we are at Christmas. Probably a better time to assess. However, If we're just 6 points from 3rd by then I'll not only be delighted but gobsmacked. It may look ok now but we just can't defend and teams that can't defend more often than not end up at the wrong end of the table. Big improvements all round needed. 

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Id be sounding out Gallagher as the Tielemans replacement, proper box to box midfielder. Imagine he would cost the best part of 40 million but he would be well worth it.

Play completely different roles/positions 

21 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Play completely different roles/positions 

Oh...in that case I guess thats that then.

The last thing we need to replace Youri is someone that gets up and down the pitch, is creative, chips in with goals and assists and happy to put a shift in. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Let's see where we are at Christmas. Probably a better time to assess. However, If we're just 6 points from 3rd by then I'll not only be delighted but gobsmacked. It may look ok now but we just can't defend and teams that can't defend more often than not end up at the wrong end of the table. Big improvements all round needed. 

That’s it Reynard, that’s my point some have gone into melt down after 10 games when we are 6pts from 3rd top and 7 from 3rd bottom the leagues not got going yet.

Xmas brings the halfway point surely it’s a more realistic time to assess and probably why there’s a transfer window a week later.

Shows how much of a shit operator Daniel Levy is, goes from a manager who plays boring football, to another manager who plays boring football, unsurprisingly goes shit, then ends up going to Conte probably on his hands and knees.

These next few months will be extremely interesting for a few managerial scenarios, wouldn’t be surprised if Dean Smith is next if Villa fail to get going.

Just now, kingfox said:

Shows how much of a shit operator Daniel Levy is, goes from a manager who plays boring football, to another manager who plays boring football, unsurprisingly goes shit, then ends up going to Conte probably on his hands and knees.

These next few months will be extremely interesting for a few managerial scenarios, wouldn’t be surprised if Dean Smith is next if Villa fail to get going.

The pressure was always going to be on Smith this season, spent a lot this summer and it stands there only like 14th or 15th. The owners have the cash to burn and can imagine if things get worse they may say "thank you deano, but we need to take the club to the next level"... Lampard to Villa don't rule it out.

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Didn’t they try for him before Nuno but got rejected because they wouldn’t give him money to spend or something like that?

Levy gone crawling back

They'd have even less money to spend after the Nuno pay off

Geordie supporters will be watching the game at Norwich praying for a draw for both, won't look great come the end of the day at 4pm. Norwich win and they end up sitting rock bottom of the premier league... your certainly not going to attract any top class manager or players to that or Leeds win and have six point lead over safety.

4 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

It’s not often get to watch a game as a neutral on a Sunday afternoon in peace.

This is dreadful though. Champ level and nothing happening. What’s happened to Leeds?

Nice to see another team other than us that have 'been found out'. I thought that was a cliche that only applied to us.

Unless its coincidentally just a massive drop off by Leeds.

• Like 1