Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Two awful sides there. We’ve got to be comfortably turning Leeds over next weekend.

We only beat Norwich by the skin of our teeth. 

I'm kinda wondering tho I we actually play Leeds at their own chaos game next week and go full basketball match....we'll concede 5 or 6 but should easily net 18 or 19

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Derby must be loving this lol 

Am sure that they'd rather much be in Norwich's shoes now, even with 2 points in 10 games in the Premier League, than their current situation..

Just now, Wymsey said:

Am sure that they'd rather much be in Norwich's shoes now, even with 2 points in 10 games in the Premier League, than their current situation..

I meant with their 11pt PL record in danger of being broken...

12 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Spurs are three points off 4th and in a transitional phase with a new manager.

Talking about sacking him is nuts. But not unexpected.

I can understand the complaints in regards to the football, they have been truly awful for most part of this season but saying that there still very much in the top four race you would have thought they would have allowed at least given him till christmas to see where at least can take them. The only thing I can think this was a players revolt maybe, perhaps some of players went up to Levy and told him it wasn't working with Nuno.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

We only beat Norwich by the skin of our teeth. 

I'm kinda wondering tho I we actually play Leeds at their own chaos game next week and go full basketball match....we'll concede 5 or 6 but should easily net 18 or 19

If we play and set up like we did in the 2nd half yesterday then we will win easily. 

Can’t afford another sloppy start.

The one thing Spurs always had was that they were, for the most part, an attacking team. They won **** all, but they did set out to have a go at teams and did tend to entertain a bit, for as far back as I can remember. For that reason, Nuno was a strange appointment. Even if he's doing reasonably well, they'll just never take to him. He has to win a trophy or qualify for the Champions League to stand a chance and as Ferguson once eloquently put it 'Lads, it's Spurs'.

They ain't winning anything and, consequently, Nuno's days there are already numbered.

Strangely enough, Spurs needed someone to sort them out defensively, but not at the expense of appearing toothless up front. The Kane saga preseason was almost like carving the managers name on a bullet. An (even slightly) demotivated Kane and they become a mid table outfit. Not that I care, particularly.

3 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

The one thing Spurs always had was that they were, for the most part, an attacking team. They won **** all, but they did set out to have a go at teams and did tend to entertain a bit, for as far back as I can remember. For that reason, Nuno was a strange appointment. Even if he's doing reasonably well, they'll just never take to him. He has to win a trophy or qualify for the Champions League to stand a chance and as Ferguson once eloquently put it 'Lads, it's Spurs'.

They ain't winning anything and, consequently, Nuno's days there are already numbered.

Strangely enough, Spurs needed someone to sort them out defensively, but not at the expense of appearing toothless up front. The Kane saga preseason was almost like carving the managers name on a bullet. An (even slightly) demotivated Kane and they become a mid table outfit. Not that I care, particularly.

Levy’s concern will be ££££. As per .

He turned down £100m+ from Man C for Kane in the summer . His current club and country form suggests a value around half that 

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sad to hear if this is true. He was taken off last night with chest pains vs Alaves 

Jeez. Poor fella but thank God this was picked up before anything more serious happened.

Perhaps not the best choice of emoji though 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Have a guess who their last win was against?

Never mind Spurs changing there manager maybe it's time for a change for Norwich, Farke has certainly drawn the shortest straw with Norwich but I just feel they need to change things to just give them a chance. Even if means taking a gamble on someone like Mark Robins at Cov, who at least has been there as player and be able to spur a bit of life into Norwich. Done a great job at Cov... sadly. Maybe he could bring some good luck to Norwich.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Watching West Ham is like watching us last couple of seasons ….. winning games and getting in the top 4 ……wonder how their last ten games will go ??

Exactly.

We lost Chilwell, Maddison, Ricardo, cags (self inflicted tbf)  and Wilf (i think) for the first run in. Maddison, JJ, Evans, a unfit ricardo and Barnes for the second run in. 

Let's see how they do minus 4 senior players

One thing I'm learning and appreciating about being a top 6 side..it's hard. I kinda have an appreciation of why the big clubs spend sooo heavily every year. Basically as it is so hard to remain good.