Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, Vacamion said:

Not a red.

These "last man" reds were originally brought in to stop last ditch clotheslining and flying tackles.

Where the attacker is either down the side (the Konsa one there) or doesn't have the ball under control, or is tussling with a defender and it is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, I think it needs to be a massively clear and massively cynical denial of a goal scoring opportunity to be a red.

Otherwise, reds are just going to be sprayed around every weekend.

This. With things like the Evans incident if you’re the attacker up against defender you might as well get into a tangle because it’s a 50/50 call for the referee and the worst you’ll get is a free kick against you while the defender would get sent off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NasPb said:

West ham are the perfect example of the massive benefits of pragmatism.. They ain't afraid to do what some would consider"oldschool", long kicks out, more physical play, etc. We're soft as kittens. And Rodgers is too stubborn for his own good. We're a better team and if they finish higher than us, it'll be because of our own doing and fault. Moyes us a great example of a manager reinventing himself, he modernised but at rhe same time, he maintained his core ideas. Bravo to him tbh

You play to your strengths and I applaud any team that does so.

Not this one size fits all, pathetic, insipid style that a large percentage of clubs do as they've been brainwashed into the 'its how the game should be played' myth.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

You play to your strengths.

Not this one size fits all, pathetic, insipid style that a large percentage of clubs do as they've been brainwashed into the 'its how the game should be played' myth.

There you go. I don't like west ham more than anyone but they do what they do well! Just as we saw there. And i don't believe their better than us, they aren't. But they're way more pragmatic. Look at that goal there. Perfect example.. And they're more intense and tough I'd say. That's it. That's all they got over us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

How are a team with mark fvcking noble pressing for the champions league?

Good ol Mark, 450 games or more , rarely missed a penalty. Mr. reliable. If you are a fan of prissy prima donnas he wouldn't suit you. Me, just my sort of player.