Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Good ol Mark, 450 games or more , rarely missed a penalty. Mr. reliable. If you are a fan of prissy prima donnas he wouldn't suit you. Me, just my sort of player.

You’d take him in our squad?

Guest MarshallForEngland

West Ham are not a nice team and I mean that as a compliment. They're good going forward for sure and they've got some quality players, but they're also a team of bullies. They get physical everywhere and aren't afraid of a tear up, and now they're being ruthless against 10 men trying to get the goal difference up. Moyes has turned them into a team you really don't want to play against.

Edited by MarshallForEngland

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

But they actually deserve it. They’re a very very good team. 

Again, they’re not a quality team. They are coached incredibly well and know their roles. It’s all a bit Burnley really.

Our defensive woes aside, I wouldn’t want half of their squad near ours. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

West Ham are not a nice team and I mean that as a compliment. They're good going forward for sure and they've got some quality players, but they're also a team of bullies. They get physical everywhere and aren't afraid of a tear up, and now they're being ruthless against 10 men trying to get the goal difference up. Moyes has turned them into a team you really don't want to play against.

We are , of course, a very nice team, and that, to me anyway, is not to our advantage.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

As I said last season as well, think that's me done with football if West Ham got into the Champions League. 

So you’d rather one of the rich 6 get in by buying their team for 100’s of millions more than a team upsetting them on merit? I’m not particularly fond of West Ham but would love them to get it over the likes of Arsenal, Man utd, Spurs etc...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I've a lot of admiration for this West Ham side. It just gets the job done and they are strong all over the pitch with quality to boot. Can't argue with it, they are better than we are, they are now the benchmark for us to get back to. Their system is robust and they've recruited players expertly for it, with dynamic wingers, creative attacking midfielders, strong running full backs and ruthless defenders. Fair play to them. No doubt some bitter fans of ours will take offence to this but the truth hurts.

And no tippy tappy sideways backwards bollocks. 

• Like 2

Guest Kopfkino

West Ham are superb, aggressive, play with intensity, and have a nice structure to their attacking build up, getting it between the lines quickly and the opposition turned. They are generally an absolute bastard for anyone to play against. 

I thought Europe would harm them this year with their squad but anything but. Currently, it’d be lovely to see our own team look so well coached and effective, albeit they can go through spells of conceding goals, just not quite as bad as us.

27 minutes ago, NasPb said:

West ham are the perfect example of the massive benefits of pragmatism.. They ain't afraid to do what some would consider"oldschool", long kicks out, more physical play, etc. We're soft as kittens. And Rodgers is too stubborn for his own good. We're a better team and if they finish higher than us, it'll be because of our own doing and fault. Moyes us a great example of a manager reinventing himself, he modernised but at rhe same time, he maintained his core ideas. Bravo to him tbh

Every single goal of theirs demonstrated their pragmatism and meanness or physical strength. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

West Ham are superb, aggressive, play with intensity, and have a nice structure to their attacking build up, getting it between the lines quickly and the opposition turned. They are generally an absolute bastard for anyone to play against. 

I thought Europe would harm them this year with their squad but anything but. Currently, it’d be lovely to see our own team look so well coached and effective, albeit they can go through spells of conceding goals, just not quite as bad as us.

Yeah winning in Europe and keeping clean sheets every game, coming back and doing well in the league, rotating and winning cup games too. They are the benchmark for us to get back to, this was us a year ago.

• Like 4