Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

21 minutes ago, KFS said:

Again, they’re not a quality team. They are coached incredibly well and know their roles. It’s all a bit Burnley really.

Our defensive woes aside, I wouldn’t want half of their squad near ours. 

If they weren’t a quality team how they finishing as high as they are? Come on mate it’s not luck! How you can compare them with Burnley? They have maybe two things in common … they both play to their strengths and are both well coached. You aren’t giving spam the credit they deserve. What they lack up for in individual brilliance they make up for in; team work, incredible work rate and aggression. All of which we are currently lacking. 
we have the better players but they are the better team … at the minute anyway. 

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, sammy82 said:

West Ham remind me a bit of us the year we won the league, no fear and extremely well organised with real quality in certain areas 

I’ve said a few times in the last couple of years there’s really not a big difference between them and the other guys at the top.

They’ve easily been the hardest challenge we’ve faced this season. 

They don’t have an individual superstar but a group of high quality players that play in a way that is hard to play against.

Their one downfall is they concede too many 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

If they weren’t a quality team how they finishing as high as they are? Come on mate it’s not luck! How you can compare them with Burnley? They have maybe two things in common … they both play to their strengths and are both well coached. You aren’t giving spam the credit they deserve. What they lack up for in individual brilliance they make up for in; team work, incredible work rate and aggression. All of which we are currently lacking. 
we have the better players they have the better team at the minute. 

Missed a few nuances in there mate. They are not an individually quality team. No one can say that about this side. They bully, kick and do the dirty stuff very well; but they are not individually technical or good players. Bowen knows when to run fast and Antonio knows when to pin his man. It’s basic stuff done very well.

Not even saying these things as a comparison to us because clearly we are overthinking what we do and look how we’ve started the season because of it. 

Hard work and intensity, that what West Ham play with, I wish we played with the type of intensity that they do.

Before Moyes came in, they ranked pretty low in terms of distance covered, nowadays they work their absolute bollocks off, the midfield two of Rice & Soucek epitomise that. 

They are extremely good at mixing their style of football too, they can do scrappy, but they can also play with quality, they’ve scored some very good team goals this season.

The United job may have been too big for him; however Moyes is the master of taking a mid table team and improving them, what he is doing with West Ham is exactly what he did with Everton.

• Like 2

Just now, KFS said:

Missed a few nuances in there mate. They are not an individually quality team. No one can say that about this side. They bully, kick and do the dirty stuff very well; but they are not individually technical or good players. Bowen knows when to run fast and Antonio knows when to pin his man. It’s basic stuff done very well.

Not even saying these things as a comparison to us because clearly we are overthinking what we do and look how we’ve started the season because of it. 

Where did I say they were individually a quality team? I think I even mentioned about a lack of individual brilliance??? If you’re not going to read what people are suggesting you can’t really have much of a debate. 

Just now, casablancas said:

Where did I say they were individually a quality team? I think I even mentioned about a lack of individual brilliance??? If you’re not going to read what people are suggesting you can’t really have much of a debate. 

Who said l’m debating you? Are you ok mate? 
lol 

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Hard work and intensity, that what West Ham play with, I wish we played with the type of intensity that they do.

Before Moyes came in, they ranked pretty low in terms of distance covered, nowadays they work their absolute bollocks off, the midfield two of Rice & Soucek epitomise that. 

They are extremely good at mixing their style of football too, they can do scrappy, but they can also play with quality, they’ve scored some very good team goals this season.

The United job may have been too big for him; however Moyes is the master of taking a mid table team and improving them, what he is doing with West Ham is exactly what he did with Everton.

Spot on. Always felt bad for Moyes after Man U. He’s a great builder and able to read the circumstances around him making teams better for it. 

Most of the league kept writing us off when we achieved the impossible, let’s not fall into the same trap! We of all fans should never be high and mighty, respect where it’s due there a really good team that look capable of beating anyone. Wish we were as hard to play against!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

Moyes doing a similar job to Rodgers, taking a mid-table team into the top six.

Impressive stuff.

we very much had the players to challenge for the top 6 when Rodgers took us over, thats why Rodgers came. We did exceed expectation though with near top 4 finishes and FA cup win. Moyes has gone one better though imo

25 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think we're fofana, JJ and some winning confidence away from them myself

Exactly. West Ham have been lucky with injuries so far.

That said, they are brilliantly organised and have a clear style of play, which their players have clearly bought into. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

West Ham struggle without Antonio, and I can't see him going injury-free for the rest of the season.

Would be interesting to see their record with and without him.

He had a couple of spells out last season.

Of the 12 games he missed, they won 5, drew 2 and lost 5.

Four of the games they lost came to Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea twice.

So not too bad in all fairness.