Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

46 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Bit reactionary tbh. It may end that way, but far to soon to draw that conclusion. No top 4, no FA Cup, how has he gone one better?

Because I don't think they have as good a squad as us, but Moyes is getting a decent tune out of them whereas we're struggling this season, and the beat us when they play us

Edited by splinterdream

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Because I don't think they have as good a squad as us, but Moyes is getting a decent tune out of them whereas we're struggling this season

I agree that Moyes is getting a great tune out of West Ham recently, not only that, they appear to be heading in a good direction. But to state he is better on such a small sample size is a bit to recent for me, sorry.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Those 2 points came in the last few weeks as well, with draws against Brighton and Burnley. 

I just checked back and do you know who their last PL win was against..... Back in Feb 2020? 

I'll give you a guess, they play in blue lol

You let them have 6 shots on target! Though it looks like you should have had at least a draw based on the xG. Ndidi missing a very good chance at the back post from a set-piece. 

IMG_20211031_211912.jpg

IMG_20211031_212151.jpg

Edited by The Bear

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Those 2 points came in the last few weeks as well, with draws against Brighton and Burnley. 

I just checked back and do you know who their last PL win was against..... Back in Feb 2020? 

I'll give you a guess, they play in blue lol

You let them have 6 shots on target! 

IMG_20211031_211912.jpg

We don't talk about what happened that day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

I agree that Moyes is getting a great tune out of West Ham recently, not only that, they appear to be heading in a good direction. But to state he is better on such a small sample size is a bit to recent for me, sorry.

Think we did well to finish above them last season, they ran us very close

Norwich are fast tracking to become the premier leagues all time worst team. Beating Derby who were about as bad as it can get!

i just hate that we will be mentioned in passing as the only team Norwich beat that season yuk

As for the hammers I’ve nothing against them and good for them they are doing so well. I do t think they will not last the distance as we’ve sadly learnt these past 2 seasons. They don’t have the strength in depth of city, manu , Chelsea etc. if Antonio, rice and others get injured it’s curtainss.

As a much smaller club than the top teams, I'm happy for West Ham's current success (in their terms anyway) but I hope they dont actually finish in the top 4 nor do I think they will as they have the squad depth for it.

The east Landan / Essex boys in media will be unbearable if they do it.

The thing is we've seen some really naff teams in the EPL and it's not like Norwich haven't had time to prepare. They only have themselves to blame. 

Burnley demonstrated that you can do go down, regroup, then come up and be ready.  I'd argue Burnley's financial situation was worse than Norwich. 

I wonder if spurs come back in and try for Rodgers again? - I'm not sure he goes... but there were keen on him before and clearly, the Nuno appointment didn't work. 

Or maybe Fonseca goes there and it scuppers Newcastles appointment....

All aboard the managerial merry go round....

It wont stop him getting another job as he can say who can work in that shitshow plus he wont be short of ££££s for a while.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Weird. So many turned it down in the summer, he was already their 763773786545th choice, what do they do now? 

Conte. Further more, this will be a massive boost for them, and Kane will be back to his best. Bad news.

Edited by FoxinNotts