Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Really surprised they've acted so soon, do they have a plan?? lol or have they panicked. Surely no-one who turned it down in the summer is now going to say yes. Not a bad little earner for Nunuo, 10 league games work and a pay off. 

Bet Spurs don't get anywhere near as much stick as we would if we sacked someone so quickly. 

Spurs still ahead of us in the table despite sacking Nuno!

Bad news they are getting rid of him, a better coach will get them performing again I would have thought. Can't see Conte going there though, what with the Man U job inevitably going to be available this season at some point.

Why would Conte go Spurs if there is a possibility of the Man U job becoming available? 

Go to Spurs now and rule yourself out of the Man U job, which could come up in a month or two, not the the smartest move.

Spurs don't have the financial muscle to compete with Chelsea, Man C, Man U.

Conte is a winner, but he also likes to ride one of the race's top horses.

After winning leagues at Chelsea and Inter, Spurs would be a riskier job.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

That is just awful from spurs. They are so tight yet didn’t sell Kane for £120m or whatever it was and now are having pay off Nuno and all of his staff. 

They're in a desperate situation though with super League going to pot and them not being on course to get champo they've got a lot to pay off 

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Weird. So many turned it down in the summer, he was already their 763773786545th choice, what do they do now? 

Conte and now they are going to throw money at. I reckon he’s waited realised 4th isn’t gonna be that difficult and gone for it. 

3 minutes ago, teblin said:

I think they must have someone lined up already. 

Usually, I'd agree with you, but given how they played out hiring a manager in the Summer, I'm somewhat doubtful, especially if they're still trying to convince Conte to come over... it smells of panic.

2 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

Usually, I'd agree with you, but given how they played out hiring a manager in the Summer, I'm somewhat doubtful, especially if they're still trying to convince Conte to come over... it smells of panic.

Contes signed I guarantee it, if they didn't have an option I don't think they'd have bothered. This'll be how Poch to Mou was like 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Why would Conte go Spurs if there is a possibility of the Man U job becoming available? 

Go to Spurs now and rule yourself out of the Man U job, which could come up in a month or two, not the the smartest move.

Spurs don't have the financial muscle to compete with Chelsea, Man C, Man U.

Conte is a winner, but he also likes to ride one of the race's top horses.

After winning leagues at Chelsea and Inter, Spurs would be a riskier job.

Hes probably realised he isn't going to get the man utd job.

If he goes there top 7 is going to be very tough for us.

My take is that they want Conte and are worried if they wait too long then Man U will get in there first. Bearing in mind how difficult it was to get someone in in the first place though, you can well imagine Conte then pulling out once they have sat round the table and talked transfer budgets, etc.