Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They said the new manager will play free flowing attacking football. Not sure Conte fits that bill

Comparing Conte and Nuno is like comparing Rodgers and Puel. 

They prefer the same shape and have some core fundamentals in common but Nuno and Puel are both defensive managers, guys who want to not lose a game first and then think about winning it second. 

Conte's football is simplistic at a surface level, its not as showy as Pep or Klopp, but he's not a park the bus merchant. He expects his teams to go out and dominate games. 

• Like 2

Wonder how much paying of Poch, Jose, Nuno has cost Spurs in the last few seasons.

Conte is another gun for hire, that's going to cost them a lot.

Imagine if they had given Poch the money that all cost and the money that Jose and Nuno spent in the market.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

says a man supporting a club that recently had Shakespeare and Puel as managers

I would argue Puel was very much part of the plan. When we appointed him we changed to a more possession style and opted for younger players and dipped a little bit more into our academy. I see Rodgers as a continuation of that, just executed better. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Pretty irrelevant but I really wish the FA would go all out for Conte. He's the manager whose system fits Englands players the most. He could be really successful. I don't see him going to spurs but then again I didn't see it with Mourinho either. One things for sure is Conte is a proper elite manager. 

He's generally a short-term manager though. He usually ****s off after two years when he doesn't have it all his own way. There's no doubt that he gets the best out of the squad that he has, I mean, he made Victor Moses look like a worldbeater. I do think a lot of his shortcomings are conveniently overlooked though. Let's not forget that he spunked £150 million up the wall at Chelsea on Morata, Drinkwater, Bakayogo and Zappacosta.

Feel sorry for Nuno. At the end with Wolves he looked miserable and like he needed a break away from the game, as the pandemic affected him being able to see his family. 

I think with Palace, Everton and Spurs he maybe felt they were jobs he had to have a look at and couldn't turn down as he might not get offered a PL job again. 

Even now though he can say he wasn't given any time or money to turn Spurs around. No doubt there'll be plenty of clubs offering him work. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Massive appointment for me. The only thing is, he is a typical ex-DM. Doesn’t stand for shit or interference. Levy will be reign in his control mechanism and let Conte with the DOF do their job. Spurs could actually be quite good for the next few years. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Hadn't thought about that, but I think you're onto something. He's capable of grinding out results and once he has the players he wants he can get them to a respectable place in the table. 

I think Newcastle just need January, I can't think of any manger that could get a tune out of the garbage they have in defence.

Similarly their midfield isn't creative enough for an attacking manager to take advantage of the talent they have up front.

They're ****ed until they spend.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I think Newcastle just need January, I can't think of any manger that could get a tune out of the garbage they have in defence.

Similarly their midfield isn't creative enough for an attacking manager to take advantage of the talent they have up front.

They're ****ed until they spend.

They could be cut adrift by then (hopefully). 

Conte is brilliant, one of the best coaches (and I actually mean the level of coaching he gives players) but I'm not that concerned because their squad doesn't suit him at all. Davies, Reguillon and Tanganga aren't wingbacks. I quite Ndombele and Lo Celso but they're not the sort of midfielders he likes. Levy isn't going to give him £200m to spend in the summer either.

Nuno won't be that disappointed, think he new it last couple of games that the Spurs job was to much for him and anyway he's going to get 2 years salary for only working acouple of months. Surprised Contie has taken the job in an hour of Nuno getting sacked compared to the summer when it was all will he won't he? Probably think if it works great and if it doesn't he'll get a multi million pound payoff anyway.

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Conte is brilliant, one of the best coaches (and I actually mean the level of coaching he gives players) but I'm not that concerned because their squad doesn't suit him at all. Davies, Reguillon and Tanganga aren't wingbacks. I quite Ndombele and Lo Celso but they're not the sort of midfielders he likes. Levy isn't going to give him £200m to spend in the summer either.

He'll probably leave when he realises what he's got and that he's not going to get the money required to get them to where he wants to be. 

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Conte and Levy let the battle of the egos commence.

Not sure that is a marriage made in heaven.

Conte has to do something........dramatic. Must of been tearing the hair out of his head after United kept Ole on. What else is he going to do with his time?

Edited by SO1