Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think Newcastle just need January, I can't think of any manger that could get a tune out of the garbage they have in defence.

Similarly their midfield isn't creative enough for an attacking manager to take advantage of the talent they have up front.

They're ****ed until they spend.

Schar and Lascelles are fine. I like Longstaff. Willock, Wilson and ASM are the basis of a decent attack. They only need a decent creative midfielder to be absolutely fine unfortunately. Say they signed Paredes for 6 months for like £4m and paid all of his wages they'd finish 15th or above easily. This team isn't that bad it's just Bruce is a historically bad PL manager.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think they'll get Conte annoyingly, it won't be a long term gig but he will likely make them better in the time he is here which is another obstacle for us. 

I think we’ve got a lore more obstacles to worry about currently. Finishing top 10 right now would be good. 

16 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got this at 25/1 in the hope Man Utd would bottle sacking Solskjaer and they did. Terrific. If Spurs get Conte than that is possibly Man Utd's worst win ever lol 

Nuno was never the answer. I like the bloke he seems a good egg but he's a pretty limited manager and I've always thought he was right place right time with Wolves.

Conte would get the best out of Man United's current squad for like a year and a half but it would turn very sour very quickly afterwards I reckon. 

37 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This guy is full of shit.

He might be but according to sky Italy, Spurs have offered conte an 18 month contract 

they must be paying him a fortune to agree to that short tenure.  But I guess assuming it all goes TU next season then conte will walk away to take over somewhere else in any case ….

he blames levy for not spending and retains his reputation- Spurs have the outside chance that conte can get their squad organised enough for a top four finish given man United’s poor form 

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Conte would get the best out of Man United's current squad for like a year and a half but it would turn very sour very quickly afterwards I reckon. 

Funny you would say that …..

fwiw, it’s a huge risk - a squad that wouldn’t take nuno’s arrogance now has to be committed to conte - he will work them like dogs. 

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got this at 25/1 in the hope Man Utd would bottle sacking Solskjaer and they did. Terrific. If Spurs get Conte than that is possibly Man Utd's worst win ever lol 

Nuno was never the answer. I like the bloke he seems a good egg but he's a pretty limited manager and I've always thought he was right place right time with Wolves.

It's looking to be more and more that way to me. It sounds harsh to criticise having had consecutive 7th place finishes and a respectable European campaign, but they did have a very good set of players.  

Edited by BenTheFox

It was just the absolute worst fit possible Nuno and Wolves

Even if they'd hired Howe and sacked him at the same time, at least people would say 'well they tried to go down the route of playing football and being attacking again'

I just never understand what goes on in Levys head sometimes, for someone who has made Billions he's absolutely ****ing hopeless at running a football club.

We all know who NUFC should go for. You're all to afraid to say it. Not me. There's only one man for the job. A man whose already managed Newcastle. A monolith of a man. A man for now. NIGEL PEARSON lol 

Eddie Howe feels all wrong. They need somebody more experienced. Not just for the short term keeping them up but also medium term in starting to build a team to climb the table. Somebody who will until the winter transfer window solidify the defense, make them hard to beat while giving that out ball for Maximin, Wilson and Almiron to attack with.

56 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I said when they were misfiring after 3 or 4 games he'd end up being their version of Shakey - the guy filling the seat whilst the guy we want becomes available. He was never going to get the time. It was win-win for him at Wolves, amazed he left there TBH, he couldn't fail after they'd spent a few years in the wilderness. At Spurs just being outside the top 4 right now is a failure/financial disaster.

As it goes, I don't think he'd be a bad fit for us when the time comes and he'd definitely get the backing he never had at Spurs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1