Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest MarshallForEngland

Iwobi "celebrated" that like he'd just scored the consolation goal to make it 4-1 in the 93rd minute. Where's the passion, he should be going mental there.

DCL's suit is bang on by the way, no complaints there.

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wolves yet to concede from a set piece this season …..wtf …..

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Apparently we have our goalkeeping coach helping with set-pieces at both ends. 

Does he fancy a new job? 

• Haha 1

Guest MarshallForEngland
1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

There's no suitable celebration when you're losing. You grab the ball and go back up the other end. 

Exactly! He should be trying to get the ball and having one of those daft little moments where the keeper moves it behind his back and the goalscorer tries to get it off him even though it's the other team's kick and he's got no business snatching the ball. That is football.

1 minute ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Exactly! He should be trying to get the ball and having one of those daft little moments where the keeper moves it behind his back and the goalscorer tries to get it off him even though it's the other team's kick and he's got no business snatching the ball. That is football.

Better known as 'The Kasper'🤭

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Been really impressed by Wolves. Another team currently playing much better football than us.

Came on to say this. Not only looks nice but effective too. They’ve shat on Everton here. 

17 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Genuine question, have you watched much of him? Especially since he left Leicester? 

He’s one of those that almost everytime I watch him he is consistently making mistakes. I’ve never understood what people saw in him.

I think there are a few players in his catergory that have such an in the box presence people think they are better than they are... much like mr maguire. (Unfortunately vestergaard is also one of those) 

defensively he is always close to a screw up... he literally just made another and Trincao should have scored. 

Guest MarshallForEngland
4 minutes ago, sishades said:

Anyone else think that Karen Carney is the worst commentator / pundit of all time. Her monotone voice is turning my brain to mush.

I don't mind her voice, it's her inane cliches that do my head in, especially when she goes for one that doesn't even make sense. For the first goal she said something like "He just wanted it more", even though it was a free header with no Everton player even challenging for the ball. She even said straight afterwards "He didn't even have to jump." Well which one was it? Did he have to work hard for it or not? How did the Everton defender want it less than the Wolves player passively standing on the spot waiting for the ball to fall on his head? She needs to take a leaf out of Gary's book, drop the cliches and just say what she thinks rather than reading from the Football Punditry Tropes Handbook (foreword by Jermaine Jenas) 

5 minutes ago, NasPb said:

saiss was for free in summer, should have gotten him instead of he who should not be named, not voldermort rather jannik

His contract was extended a year after triggering a certain amount of games played, and always had that option in our favour. We were never letting him go on a free unless we bought more CBs. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Been really impressed by Wolves. Another team currently playing much better football than us.

I remember when half of this forum were doing this last time they played well under nuno. Seems to be the done thing to get all excited about every ****ing other team in the division than our own 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just heard that Spurs will have to pay Nuno 14m pounds, not bad for 4months which works out 1.4m a game. He will probably heading back to life in sunny Portugal a happy man

I doubt that bit to be honest. I'm sure the money will take a bit of the edge off, but he was already a wealthy man.

Ultimately, I imagine he'll be very disappointed. Competitive sport is just that and he's bound to be hurting a bit. He'll be able to offset his disappointment somewhat by the fact he wasn't given the time to do anything really, but I just can't imagine he'll be elated right now.

Maybe my view is an outdated one, not sure.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle
typo
  • Like 4

Whist Conte is a great manager, I’m not sure he is a miracle worker. That Spurs squad Kane and Son aside is very average.

This will be a really hard job for anyone going in, as expectations do not match the current levels of the squad. 
Will Levy open the purse in January or the summer ? I would think only if Spurs are in a good position to qualify for the Champions League. 
They have got a pretty favourable run of fixtures coming up across November and early December so that could go in his favour.

Overall, they are one of 5 or 6 teams looking for fourth place, and on their day there is nothing between us, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham and possibly a couple of others. The 4th - 12th spots will be interesting this year that’s for sure.

• Haha 1

Looking at Spurs’ squad and annoyingly it suits Conte better than I thought.

Lloris   

Tanganga    Romero    Dier 

Doherty  Højbjerg  Ndombele  Sessegnon

Moura                         Son

Kane

Is definitely good enough to finish in the top 6, maybe even 4th if Kane gets his act together.

• Haha 1