Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Whist Conte is a great manager, I’m not sure he is a miracle worker. That Spurs squad Kane and Son aside is very average.

This will be a really hard job for anyone going in, as expectations do not match the current levels of the squad. 
Will Levy open the purse in January or the summer ? I would think only if Spurs are in a good position to qualify for the Champions League. 
They have got a pretty favourable run of fixtures coming up across November and early December so that could go in his favour.

Overall, they are one of 5 or 6 teams looking for fourth place, and on their day there is nothing between us, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham and possibly a couple of others. The 4th - 12th spots will be interesting this year that’s for sure.

Have you watched any Leicester games this season? We will finish below all of those teams and more.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really gutted he's Spurs new manager, he did great at Chelsea, built a solid defense and wants players to play his way or your out

I agree. I'd rather they'd employed a 2nd rate manager. That said, it isn't going to be easy. Nuno and Mourinho are very different men, but they both, in their own way, questioned the attitude of 'some' of their players whilst in charge of Spurs. When two managers in a row do that, there's probably quite a big problem. It's going to be fascinating watching how Conte deals with the club and players. He's no shrinking violet and this could just as likely go badly wrong as go well. He simply won't accept bad attitudes and that could lead to major fallouts. 

Well, one can hope at least.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

"Ben Chilwell believes Chelsea are thriving because there are no egos in squad"

Does that mean he has experience of egos, in teams he has played in🤔

No it means every single one of them has an ego so they can’t tell the difference… it also means he was the stand out ego previous lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Have you watched any Leicester games this season? We will finish below all of those teams and more.

For me we have been poor but are still in touch with the teams above. Wilf and evans in the team together will help more than people realise.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, teblin said:

For me we have been poor but are still in touch with the teams above. Wilf and evans in the team together will help more than people realise.

And Justin to return imminently. We're going slow start and storming end of season this year as opposed to dropping off at the end, as previous seasons. 

....hopefully anyway. 

9 hours ago, ealingfox said:

As long as we have a better 2nd half of the season then the past two seasons, we should be in with a shout. Anything like those two seasons and we will be far off anything to do with Europe (bar a Cup run).

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

"Ben Chilwell believes Chelsea are thriving because there are no egos in squad"

Does that mean he has experience of egos, in teams he has played in🤔

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really gutted he's Spurs new manager, he did great at Chelsea, built a solid defense and wants players to play his way or your out

Are we going to conveniently forget that he spunked £150 million on Drinkwater, Morata, Zappacasta and Bakayoko?

• Like 1

I am still really intrigued about the fact it's only an 18 month contract. I am guessing those were his terms seeing he turned them down previously. The assumption seems to be that Levy has promised he can have funds for players, but I don't see how that's the case if they don't know he will be here long term. 

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Bit much 

IMG-20211101-WA0008.jpg

Does make me laugh the amount of effort they go to with these balls, when at the end of the day I'll be sitting in the stands in November saying 'ooooh look it's the yellow one' lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I am still really intrigued about the fact it's only an 18 month contract. I am guessing those were his terms seeing he turned them down previously. The assumption seems to be that Levy has promised he can have funds for players, but I don't see how that's the case if they don't know he will be here long term. 

To be fair, he only has one or two seasons in him before his team turns average. Let's hope his team is average for the 18 month period too.