Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Am not sure what Levy really wants from his club.

He's hardly built a decent and pre-planned foundation, apart from the new stadium, for the club in a sustainable and successful manner since Pochettino left - unlike LCFC, for example.

Edited by Wymsey

39 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Telegraph reporting Newcastle are going after Unai Emery. Athletic say Howe is the back up option. 

Potentially a risk but if he keeps them up this season it could turn out to be an inspired choice. Having said that, Villareal are struggling at the minute. 

Often felt there's a bit of a misconception with Emery that he's good at getting average sides to win things.

Sort of leaves out the fact he's had some incredible individual talent at Sevilla and Villarreal who have carried those sides over the line during his tenures. 

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Often felt there's a bit of a misconception with Emery that he's good at getting average sides to win things.

Sort of leaves out the fact he's had some incredible individual talent at Sevilla and Villarreal who have carried those sides over the line during his tenures. 

His away record at Sevilla was absolutely horrendous if I remember rightly. 

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That sounds awfully familiar :D

Newcastle has to stay up or it sets them back two or three years. Emery is an excellent manager who took the wrong job(Arsenal) at the wrong time. Wonder if he knows what it takes to manage a club at that level to stay up. They need goals badly and don't have the squad to get them. Half a season is a very tough ask for any manager.

6 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I am really not in the slightest bit convinced that the new Newcastle owners know what they are doing. 

Nor me, what's the point of sacking Bruce without a ready replacement? It feels like they're hoping they will survive and planning for that eventuality so that in the summer they can start splashing the cash. Staying up should be their ultimate priority right now, and I'm not convinced Unai Emery is that guy to do it. Howe, maybe is a better choice as Newcastle do have some decent attacking players but absolute dross everywhere else which was basically Bournemouth for 4 years.

1 minute ago, Torten said:

Nor me, what's the point of sacking Bruce without a ready replacement? It feels like they're hoping they will survive and planning for that eventuality so that in the summer they can start splashing the cash. Staying up should be their ultimate priority right now, and I'm not convinced Unai Emery is that guy to do it. Howe, maybe is a better choice as Newcastle do have some decent attacking players but absolute dross everywhere else which was basically Bournemouth for 4 years.

Honestly, if I was them I'd just bite the bullet and give Allardyce an 18 month contract and bin him off at the end of the season and then get the desired manager in. Bollocks to what their fans think, they just need someone to keep them up and it doesn't matter how they do it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

Emery will be adored - he’s won trophies elsewhere. That’s why Benitez was loved lol Pardew was hated despite guiding them to a 5th placed finish and a European quarter final. Idiots. 

Pellegrini has won  trophies elsewhere (and in the Premier). Wonder if his name is being considered??

22 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I am really not in the slightest bit convinced that the new Newcastle owners know what they are doing. 

Copy the Leicester model but with more money. It's that simple according to a lot of Newcastle fans

31 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Completely agree. Anyone with anything about themn would have sacked Bruce on day dot to get the fans immediately on side and have a chief exec and manager to come in the next day. Everything about this mob seems amateur hour. Newcastle fans who say they want to emulate us completely miss the point since LCFC is essentially run as a family business and the day to day operations is run as a very tight ship and built on implicit trust.