Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Honestly, if I was them I'd just bite the bullet and give Allardyce an 18 month contract and bin him off at the end of the season and then get the desired manager in. Bollocks to what their fans think, they just need someone to keep them up and it doesn't matter how they do it. 

I wouldn't. The Count Of Monte Bisto is absolute dog muck. 

53 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Completely agree. Anyone with anything about themn would have sacked Bruce on day dot to get the fans immediately on side and have a chief exec and manager to come in the next day. Everything about this mob seems amateur hour. Newcastle fans who say they want to emulate us completely miss the point since LCFC is essentially run as a family business and the day to day operations is run as a very tight ship and built on implicit trust.

I think it was arrogance on their part - they thought they would easily attract a top manager with money, not appreciating that a top manager won't want to take on the job of turning round a club very much at risk of relegation. 

Quite surprised by all the 'why would he want to go there' lot mind.... it's literally the chance to win something with a team that can't win, it's the dream for someone with Conte's ability and ego! He could leave a hero after 18 months just by winning the league cup lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Emery to Newcastle rumours.

The BBC comments section (yes I know....) seem to think he's crap based on his Arsenal spell but they could do a hell of a lot worse, I think he's pretty decent and its a bit ignorant to use his time at Arsenal as the quality bar while dismissing his time at Sevilla and Villarreal.

Emery apparently knows nothing about it though so probably wont happen anyway!

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

They should have put Birmingham and Wigan's trophies in there too for good measure.

Not forgetting Swansea and Portsmouth too.

The only thing we haven't won since their last trophy is the League Cup and League Two, but that's only because we've never been in League Two.

• Like 2

Emery was terrible last in the premier league, I just don't feel his approach or style of play suits the premier league. Did great in Spain of course winning Europa league but maybe that's where hes suited best. I think hes quite a laid back manager who likes to give players freedom to make their own decisions. Problem was when he was Arsenal this caused havoc with some players taking advantage by turning when ever they liked for training or matches. Disinterest and bad attitude. There was no discipline around. I remember reading an article where it was said that when Arteta did his first training session as manager. Come 9am only four players were dressed and ready for training. With rest of the squad just randomly joining whenever throughout the day. When they were asked what time training started most didnt know. 

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not forgetting Swansea and Portsmouth too.

The only thing we haven't won since their last trophy is the League Cup and League Two, but that's only because we've never been in League Two.

Spurs won half a Champions League, show them some respect fgs

Not quite sure Emery is right for Newcastle at the moment when they are in a relegation battle and he has never been in one before

Mainly managed clubs that were expected to do well to some level - Sevilla, Villareal, Valencia, PSG, Spartak Moscow. There was his time at Almeria where he got a newly promoted side mid table but that was in 07/08

Would be better off trying to get Rafa out of Everton seeing as the majority of the squad is still his - I think he wont last much longer at Everton anyway either so would be a good way for Everton to "get rid" easily

Edited by moore_94

Just now, moore_94 said:

Not quite sure Emery is right for Newcastle at the moment when they are in a relegation battle and he has never been in one before

Mainly managed clubs that were expected to do well to some level - Sevilla, Villareal, Valencia, PSG, Spartak Moscow. There was his time at Almeria where he got a newly promoted side mid table but that was in 07/08

Would be better off trying to get Rafa out of Everton seeing as the majority of the squad is still his - I think wont last much longer at Everton anyway either so would be a good for Everton to "get rid" easily

Least Rafa knows the club well and its pretty much the same team when he left. Fans want him back and I can imagine there must be a side of him who thinks hes got unfinished buisness there. 

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Least Rafa knows the club well and its pretty much the same team when he left. Fans want him back and I can imagine there must be a side of him who thinks hes got unfinished buisness there. 

Basically the same defence as they have now and he had them as the 5th best defensive side in the league or something like that - it is a few years later but still

If you were Newcastle you would just be giving him and Everton a nudge saying "come on, it isn't working, let us have him and we will pay the compo rather than you having to pay out to sack him in a month"

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would be better off trying to get Rafa out of Everton seeing as the majority of the squad is still his - I think he wont last much longer at Everton anyway either so would be a good way for Everton to "get rid" easily

I think their perception is that Newcastle are currently underachieving, when in reality they have performed at a fairly consistent level for the squad they have. Obviously this has been a difficult start to the year for them, but that can be partly put down to issues the new owners created with uncertainty around Steve Bruce. 

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

I think their perception is that Newcastle are currently underachieving, when in reality they have performed at a fairly consistent level for the squad they have. Obviously this has been a difficult start to the year for them, but that can be partly put down to issues the new owners created with uncertainty around Steve Bruce. 

I think their squad is the same as it was 2nd half of the season isn't it? Only made the Willock loan deal permanent?

They tend to flirt with relegation for a while all season and somehow pull out results and finish mid table (10th, 13th, 13th, 12th the last 4 seasons)

Their squad is getting quite old now, 12 of their 25 first team players are 29 or over and just starting to stagnate and drop off

46 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Emery to Newcastle rumours.

The BBC comments section (yes I know....) seem to think he's crap based on his Arsenal spell but they could do a hell of a lot worse, I think he's pretty decent and its a bit ignorant to use his time at Arsenal as the quality bar while dismissing his time at Sevilla and Villarreal.

Emery apparently knows nothing about it though so probably wont happen anyway!

He’s generally done great in Spain but poor abroad 

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think their squad is the same as it was 2nd half of the season isn't it? Only made the Willock loan deal permanent?

They tend to flirt with relegation for a while all season and somehow pull out results and finish mid table (10th, 13th, 13th, 12th the last 4 seasons)

Their squad is getting quite old now, 12 of their 25 first team players are 29 or over and just starting to stagnate and drop off

This year is going to be really interesting. Norwich and watford are miles off and definitely down imo. But that last spot is a curious one. 

burnley just won’t go down, you may as well rule them out of the talks. They are so used to this that they don’t feel any pressure when they float around the bottom or lose 3 in a row. They will always come up with some strange results. Like last year when they thumped wolves 4-0 

I think Leeds are too good to drop. They are just in a bad patch of form but overall I’d expect them to pick up mid table form.  Brentford have given themselves a great cushion and will be looking up rather than down. 

Southampton could be the team that falter and start to drop when they get into their usual slump.

it really does look worrying for Newcastle. Id be very worried as a fan that this whole thing ends in tears.