Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

36 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

This year is going to be really interesting. Norwich and watford are miles off and definitely down imo. But that last spot is a curious one. 

burnley just won’t go down, you may as well rule them out of the talks. They are so used to this that they don’t feel any pressure when they float around the bottom or lose 3 in a row. They will always come up with some strange results. Like last year when they thumped wolves 4-0 

I think Leeds are too good to drop. They are just in a bad patch of form but overall I’d expect them to pick up mid table form.  Brentford have given themselves a great cushion and will be looking up rather than down. 

Southampton could be the team that falter and start to drop when they get into their usual slump.

it really does look worrying for Newcastle. Id be very worried as a fan that this whole thing ends in tears. 

Watford are miles off? lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Stadt said:

Emery wasn’t that bad at Arsenal. The coverage of him was really unfavourable which planted the seed he was a dreadful manager. 

When he’s at a club where the impetus isn’t to be on the front foot he’s been highly successful. His Villarreal side are obviously very well coached when you watch them 

i think his problem is language based tbh. good manager but hard when you cannot communicate well

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Certainly won’t disagree about that in defence or midfield!

I hope you stay up but I just cant see it. The fixtures have been horrible, as soon as you get over the hard games you lose your best players to the AFCON. But of course Claudio has some miracles in him 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rachhere said:

I am really not in the slightest bit convinced that the new Newcastle owners know what they are doing. 

Niether am I. I can't see this money thing working for them. 

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

i think his problem is language based tbh. good manager but hard when you cannot communicate well

His English seems fine, can always use a translator if needed too. It’s not been a problem for Bielsa.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

Often felt there's a bit of a misconception with Emery that he's good at getting average sides to win things.

Sort of leaves out the fact he's had some incredible individual talent at Sevilla and Villarreal who have carried those sides over the line during his tenures. 

Isn't that the case for most trophy winning teams? Who was the last team to win something without a star player? Our title winning team had three top class players.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Love the way Conte gets all animated on the side lines.... waving his arms around, jumping up around and his facial expressions when his players are playing poor or the ref a decision he doesn't like, which gets the crowd growing and puts pressure on the ref to make decisions in favour of his team.

You'll love it a world less when those decisions are against us...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Pochettino still had them finish 3rd and 2nd in back to back seasons, and in a Champions League final also. They’re nowhere near any of that yet, would take some doing by Conte to better that. 

Considering Chelsea Man City Liverpool and even Man U are a lot stronger getting Spurs into a top 3 position will be near on impossible 

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Pochettino still had them finish 3rd and 2nd in back to back seasons, and in a Champions League final also. They’re nowhere near any of that yet, would take some doing by Conte to better that. 

What about if he wins a league cup?