Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

10 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Are we going to conveniently forget that he spunked £150 million on Drinkwater, Morata, Zappacasta and Bakayoko?

I think with the Drinkwater signing it was Chelsea's technical director who was responsible for signing him something about Drinkwater being a homegrown talent and being big strong and tough. I have no idea about the 3 signing you mentioned, I don't follow those players.

45 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's not the appointment of Conte that's got me worried, believe me.

I do love that it’s not the top clubs that should be worried, it’s those clubs aiming for 4th - 7th. It’s like we know we’re not going to win anything, but those clubs hoping for a Europa League place be scared. The mighty Spurs are back

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's not the appointment of Conte that's got me worried, believe me.

Probably said the same thing about Mourinho.

Dunno why people like O Hara get on there. Obviously a Spurs fan but must have played about 30 games for them.

28 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Jamie O’hara is such a tool. 

Coming close to being as intolerable as Jenas or Savage. 

That's harsh on the other 2. They aren't bad compared to O'Hara.

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its going to be interesting with Conte. If he can get a tune out of Tottenham, will it reduce Pochettino's reputation?

I don't think so. He has flaws, like everyone, but Pochettino did a great job at Spurs. I was delighted when he left and I'm glad the rumours that he was returning proved unfounded. I can't see anything other than a disastrous ending with Conte and Levy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Probably said the same thing about Mourinho.

Dunno why people like O Hara get on there. Obviously a Spurs fan but must have played about 30 games for them.

Nah. He actually said they’d challenge for the title under Mourhino.

“Incredible signing and what he does he wins trophies, and that is what Spurs fans want. It is alright being Champions League, Champions League, but us Spurs fans want trophies and he will bring that.”

Before O’Hara added: “I think it is a fresh start. As soon as a new manager comes in it is a fresh start. The biggest thing for me with Mourinho getting the job is that Daniel Levy has said to him 'you can spend money'.“

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/jose-mourinho-new-spurs-manager-17287413.amp

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

What about if he wins a league cup?

Spending £300m to win the League Cup sounds very Spurs lol

I dunno, Conte is a pretty good manager, but it's taking a giant leap of faith to believe he can outdo what Poch did there. It's a minor miracle he finished 2nd and 3rd whilst reaching a Champions League final. Spurs aren't minnows, in the traditional sense, but they're miles behind the proper big boys. 

In fairness, even a League Cup could/would/should (not sure which) be considered success at Tottenham, but if that's all Conte achieved after spending a bucket load, I don't imagine he'd last long. His remit has to be top 4, surely. They are capable of that, but there's a few other hungry teams vying for that spot (and Man U).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Spending £300m to win the League Cup sounds very Spurs lol

I dunno, Conte is a pretty good manager, but it's taking a giant leap of faith to believe he can outdo what Poch did there. It's a minor miracle he finished 2nd and 3rd whilst reaching a Champions League final. Spurs aren't minnows, in the traditional sense, but they're miles behind the proper big boys. 

In fairness, even a League Cup could/would/should (not sure which) be considered success at Tottenham, but if that's all Conte achieved after spending a bucket load, I don't imagine he'd last long. His remit has to be top 4, surely. They are capable of that, but there's a few other hungry teams vying for that spot (and Man U).

Yes, top 4 (trophy) is probably the aim, but they could always make a proper trophy and win that

• Like 1
  • Haha 3