Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Which absolutely isn't his main gripe at all. Apologies if you're deliberately twisting it for comic effect. 

His main gripe is they're throwing money at it with no plan and the fact that their short list is a bunch of managers with completely different football philosophies is evidence of that. 

He's literally quoted saying -  "How am I right for this project if they also think Eddie Howe is right for this project"....

Which yes is what you've said, throwing money at it, but I also read it as style/ability/stature.

Might just be me that read it that way.... I did throw in a bit of comic effect, I mean putting Eddie Howe in charge of £200m would be like letting your toddler do an Ocado order!

Edited by AjcW

Just now, Babylon said:

How on earth do you even come up with a two man shortlist of Eddie Howe or Emery? Clear sign they don't have a clue what they are doing. Or it was a way of letting the fans down gently... "Howe is the new manager, but we tried for a good manager, honest". 

Or it will be easier to get of Howe when they want a bigger name next summer /keeps him if they go down .

• Like 1

Yes but not because he thinks Howe is shit but because he recognises the vast difference in approaches. 

Like I say, people will interpret what he said differently, given they both like attacking football I personally didn't take it to mean that he felt they had very different approaches. 

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Or it will be easier to get of Howe when they want a bigger name next summer /keeps him if they go down .

I mean I can see that logic with Howe, doesn't really marry up with going for Emery also though. 

You would really think they'd sit an analyse a club like Leicester and what it is we've done and say "lets do that on a grander scale!". But you get the feeling they are so blind to things, they would think getting Rodgers would be all they needed to do (he's not going, just an example). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Like I say, people will interpret what he said differently, given they both like attacking football I personally didn't take it to mean that he felt they had very different approaches. 

Klopp and Pep both like attacking football but if they swapped squads tomorrow, Thomas Tuchel would be doing backflips on his way to collecting a free league title. 

Howe and Emery are apples and oranges. 

Literally every credible journalist is currently writing the same story, that Emery turned them down for a lack of clear footballing vision. Nobody with a brain thinks he stropped off in a huff because he thinks he's vastly better than Howe. That's moronic. 

It makes a funny meme but if you actually believe that you're being a plonker. 

• Like 2

Klopp and Pep both like attacking football but if they swapped squads tomorrow, Thomas Tuchel would be doing backflips on his way to collecting a free league title. 

Howe and Emery are apples and oranges. 

Literally every credible journalist is currently writing the same story, that Emery turned them down for a lack of clear footballing vision. Nobody with a brain thinks he stropped off in a huff because he thinks he's vastly better than Howe. That's moronic. 

It makes a funny meme but if you actually believe that you're being a plonker. 

I'm going to give you the win here simply for using the word plonker lol 

I know they’ll buy Newcastle titles and intentional prestige soon enough but it would make my decade if somehow they throw billions into a geordie blackhole. Money can buy you anything except success in the Tyne and Wear. Let me dream, damn you.

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Someone just pointed this out to me but what was Nuno's outfit in his last game about?

Puffer jacket with a suit jacket over the top... :S Just bizarre. 

3BQI7C7FTVMXDEPSZOK7GURMKQ.jpg

Knew he was going to get stabbed in the back. Modern day Jesus imo

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Someone just pointed this out to me but what was Nuno's outfit in his last game about?

Puffer jacket with a suit jacket over the top... :S Just bizarre. 

3BQI7C7FTVMXDEPSZOK7GURMKQ.jpg

Not that it’s makes it right… but it’s quite a popular trend currently in fashion. Pretty much every high street retailer has suits styled with a lightweight puffer underneath at the minute. 

• Like 2

I wonder how much of emery's decision is based on the fact that someone at newcastle leaked the info that he would be their next manager (possibly later this week) on the day his current side had a CL game.  hugely unprofessional and maybe indicated to him the kind of environment he would be expected to work in. 

51 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Newcastle's new owners will make plenty of mistakes. Vichai and Top did (binning off NP for names that flopped like Sousa and Sven). Their success will be determined by whether they can learn from their mistakes.

They could learn from us and just re-hire Bruce now and skip the howe years lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Poor imitation of the style icon:

image.thumb.jpeg.f2c999ca45f24f5c01763df141aa1758.jpeg

This was a bullet proof vest, he'd been reading foxes talk. 

He does look like that overly serious detective from a movie, that raids a building to discover the crooks were never there

• Haha 4