Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just had a look at Newcastle’s Christmas period and it looks horrible:

Leicester (A)

Liverpool (A) 

Man City (H)

Man United (H)

Everton (A) 

It is very likely that they could be cut adrift by January. In fact, I could see them doing a large scale of what we did in the Championship under Sven.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Just had a look at Newcastle’s Christmas period and it looks horrible:

Leicester (A)

Liverpool (A) 

Man City (H)

Man United (H)

Everton (A) 

It is very likely that they could be cut adrift by January. In fact, I could see them doing a large scale of what we did in the Championship under Sven.

Newcastle will stay up, they are not in the worst 3 teams and always pull results out of the bag to keep afloat.

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just feel like they always get their head out of the noose. Be interesting, other than Norwich, a few teams fighting still.

Looking at their next few fixtures, the homes games against Brentford, Norwich and Burnley are absolutely huge.

Edited by BenTheFox

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Looking at their next few fixtures, the homes games against Brentford, Norwich and Burnley are absolutely huge.

Yes was just looking at their fixtures and thought the same. Also, didn't know they were 6 points off safety already and haven't won a game yet. Still, I think they will somehow get out and pick up enough points. Also think it's Burnley's turn to exit but they also always get enough points.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes was just looking at their fixtures and thought the same. Also, didn't know they were 6 points off safety already and haven't won a game yet. Still, I think they will somehow get out and pick up enough points. Also think it's Burnley's turn to exit but they also always get enough points.

At this moment in time, I have far more faith in Burnley staying up than Newcastle simply because of Sean Dyche. 

35 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Newcastle will stay up, they are not in the worst 3 teams and always pull results out of the bag to keep afloat.

I’m not so sure. Have you watched them this season? They’re clueless and I am not convinced that was down to Bruce either. They have pulled results out of the bag when they’ve needed in the past two seasons but at this moment in time I would still back teams like Burnley and Waftord over them.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

I've always liked Howe but I wouldn't trust him with millions. I think that was proved at Bournemouth (PL years). He definitely needs a DOF who knows what they are doing.

Edited by Fox92

I think Howe is probably better than people think. He actually fits Newcastle well because he usually ignores the defence anyway. 

his history of signings isn’t much worse than Brendan’s Tbf 

Edited by Lambert09

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

"Yakubu is so lazy, all he does is score goals" 

Silly theory isnt it, the classic example of this was Michael Owen in the 2001 FA Cup final v Arsenal. Did fvck all apart from scoring two goals to win it 2-1 for Liverpool but he probably (deservedly if so) got MOTM.

The next few months for Newcastle are massive. They need to get the managerial appointment and January signings right.

Howe would be a bad move imo. They need someone experienced who will steady the ship and sign some players with the right mentality. 

As crazy as it may sound but if I were them I’d throw everything at Rafa. I know he’s not been at Everton long but I don’t think their fans are keen and I think their owners would take some money for him and go again. 

You'd think the Saudis would be best offering big Sam a go till the end of the season with a massive bonus to keep them up.  Going from manager to manager and getting turned down is a disaster with Eddie howe being towards the bottom of the list and the fans thinking they should be getting Zidane 

• Like 1