Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

On 03/11/2021 at 12:57, Foxxed said:

I know they’ll buy Newcastle titles and intentional prestige soon enough but it would make my decade if somehow they throw billions into a geordie blackhole. Money can buy you anything except success in the Tyne and Wear. Let me dream, damn you.

I genuinely don’t think it will buy success (not on the scale that Man City and Chelsea bought it anyway). I think they’re far too late to the party to be able to just swan in and clean up.

They could break the top 4 but if the start is anything to go by, I think the new owners are mistaken.

I reckon they’ll become competitive but not nerve successful (maybe I’m just being hopeful).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, weller54 said:

Caption competition..

Screenshot_20211103_145635_com.facebook.katana_edit_1860566088144224.jpg

Man in middle - "Excuse me guys, I'm here delivering a trophy for being the finest in the country, where's the recipient, is it for you?"

Conte & Kane - "No, that'll be for The Cheese Room, straight over there mate."

Edited by fazzyfox

29 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I genuinely don’t think it will buy success (not on the scale that Man City and Chelsea bought it anyway). I think they’re far too late to the party to be able to just swan in and clean up.

They could break the top 4 but if the start is anything to go by, I think the new owners are mistaken.

I reckon they’ll become competitive but not nerve successful (maybe I’m just being hopeful).

The Saudis have got more money than the rest, however.

The gulf between the top 6, the rest of the Premier League and the Championship will be bigger and bigger.

I can see another super league eventually. And this will gut the Premier League like the Premier League gutted the Championship.

Until fan-led clubs force league regulation then the money will go further and further upwards and away from grassroots English football.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sliding Doors remake aside, from what I can gather from a quick google is that they paid Poch £20m in severance, Jose £16m, and now Nuno £14m.

That’s £60m in sacking managers in just the last 2 years. 

And that figure doesn’t even include what they paid those managers in the first place - they’re paying Conte £20m for just 18 months work. 

It may not include their pay but it does include an extra £ 10m.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I think Hodgson and Fergie are the only ones I can remember in the last decade who just left at the end of their contract with no issues. 

Any others? 

Moyes at West Ham? 

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Sky say Eddie Howe has agreed in principle to became Newcastle manager on a 2 and a half year deal.

Emery was right to question the new owner's strategy then...they don't seem to know what they're doing.

Didn't Fraser down tools at Bournemouth in their relegation season to avoid injury before his free transfer to Newcastle?  Sure Howe will forgive and forget :@

Initially I liked Howe, his Burnley side and the Bournemouth promotion side played some good stuff and there was the whole underdog thing about the size of the club being in the Premier League but as they stayed he seemed to get an ego and arrogance, they were a bogey side for us with some frustrating games but when you did do well he'd always come out with "We were the better side", his stock phrase, Ok if he's doing it for his sides positivity but so often it was bull, and his teams seemed very petty with timewasting, constant minor fouls, general nastiness, I think they lost a lot of neutral admirers. They seemed to evolve back into a lower league team in their approach just filled with fitter stronger pro's, rather than pursuing the good football they arrived with. Really don't know if he'd do well with real quality and budget, a bit of the unknown. 

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Like 1