Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

I'll die on this hill. Sean dyche is very very underrated. Labeled as a tiny pulis regen but he's much better and tactically diverse. A very good manager 

Is he?

Would a manager that good be floundering in the relegation zone, only having won 1 game so far this season?

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Apparently that hit Gallagher's arm @The Bear...

Nah. Looked OK to me. 

We haven't deserved anything from this game but Palace haven't done a great deal either. Some VAR decisions gone their way and we've been very passive. 

Zaha just trips over the ball when it looked easier to score. 

Edited by The Bear

15 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I'll die on this hill. Sean dyche is very very underrated. Labeled as a tiny pulis regen but he's much better and tactically diverse. A very good manager 

I love him. 

His teams are neat, streetwise, well coached, technically sound (albeit unspectacular) and modern in their tactical approach. 

Funny how Brentford get plaudits yet from what little I've seen, it looks like lump it into the box to me 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I love him. 

His teams are neat, streetwise, well coached, technically sound (albeit unspectacular) and modern in their tactical approach. 

Funny how Brentford get plaudits yet from what little I've seen, it looks like lump it into the box to me 

Said it for a couple of years. I’d take dyche. He lives in Northamptonshire and would jump at the chance. Certainly would not be a soft touch as we are now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Said it for a couple of years. I’d take dyche. He lives in Northamptonshire and would jump at the chance. Certainly would not be a soft touch as we are now.

Not for me. I do think he's a bit unfairly lumped into the dinosaur box when relatively the speaking what he's done at Burnley is outrageous - but we'd have to be looking at a rung above.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

His big let down has been lack of nous/contacts in picking up players abroad. Though if Cornet is anything to go by, he's improving that weakness. 

But, we have an entire off field team to identify - and negotiate - with overseas players 

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is he?

Would a manager that good be floundering in the relegation zone, only having won 1 game so far this season?

Yeah. His squad is awful. And hell keep em up. And he makes them give it all every night. Wouldnt  have him here as a first option but want that from his squad. Players willing to die for the result every match. And he's tactically very diverse and pragmatic. Knows when to play what style. 

Edited by NasPb

What a job Vieira is doing at Palace. 

Given the turnaround in their squad and playing style, he is the manager of the season so far. 

I think Chelsea are a little overhyped this season. I still think they’re favourites for the title but had some good luck this season, think Man City and Liverpool have been more impressive overall. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Wish Maddison was like him. Shame. Hope he regains form 

You’d never see Maddison work as hard as Gallagher does, Gallagher’s work rate is magnificent.

Edited by kingfox
  • Like 2