Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

What a job Vieira is doing at Palace. 

Given the turnaround in their squad and playing style, he is the manager of the season so far. 

I think Chelsea are a little overhyped this season. I still think they’re favourites for the title but had some good luck this season, think Man City and Liverpool have been more impressive overall. 

I'm kinda pleased for palace...it was a bold and brave move to change styles. 

He's doing well. But I'm not entirely convinced. I think after half a season, PL coaches will work out how to beat their press and identify where they are weak. 

Vieira is definitely doing much better than I thought he would given what he inherited, but the table is so congested at the moment you can fly up it with a couple of half decent results.

Be interesting to see where he is at the end of the season, not mad on Palace but he seems a likeable guy.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

He probably thinks they were lucky goals, they're 'smashing' them and 100% Brentford would win if they played them tomorrow. 

They were dominant today's post match assessment. Should've won. 

Always had a soft spot for Dyche. Just something about him I like. If he came here, the very least you could say is the players would fit for games and have that never say die attitude. 

The fact is Burnley are a relatively stable EPL club who are keeping out the likes of WBA, Fulham, Newcastle, etc. Much bigger places with more "glamour". Yet there they are, with an identity and keeping going. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Always had a soft spot for Dyche. Just something about him I like. If he came here, the very least you could say is the players would fit for games and have that never say die attitude. 

The fact is Burnley are a relatively stable EPL club who are keeping out the likes of WBA, Fulham, Newcastle, etc. Much bigger places with more "glamour". Yet there they are, with an identity and keeping going. 

I've never associated West Bromwich with the word glamour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I don’t have BT sport but I imagine that they are fawning over Newcastle like no ones knows they’ve had a takeover. 

Lost count of the amount of times Jake Humphrey said 'were expecting Eddie Howe to be in the stadium any moment now' when they went to him during their BT Score Programme. 

• Like 1