Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Shouldn't be a penalty purely because Trossard takes an extra step then decides to go down

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Referees are shite not seeing that extra step. 

Reminds me of what Mane did couple of season ago after Albrighton made contact and then went down after another step. 

4 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Whilst there is contact, trossard has control of his leg but chooses not to use it. DIVE.

Its ridiculous because refs have made the fact that players have to go down in the box to even consider getting a penalty, player believes he has been impeded but has to go down to have it looked at 

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

The pundits never commit to sticking the boot into Solskjaer. It’s alway the players fault, every single time. The situations they find themselves in are contingent on the coaching and the game plan. “There’s no intensity wah wah wah” you’ve seen the same thing for 2 years, maybe it’s not the players?

A failed Cardiff manager and moderately successful spell at Molde ≠ the credentials to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

Neville's argument that Conte wouldn't have been a good fit because other big names like Van Gaal and Mourinho weren't and Solskjaer should be the man is laughable. Both of those won trophies unlike Solskjaer, Mourinho finished second as Solskjaer did, all spent absolute fortunes. What exactly is he doing that previous managers didn't?

They are still living in the Ferguson era in that ,because he was given time, certain others should be and it will work out fine.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm kinda pleased for palace...it was a bold and brave move to change styles. 

He's doing well. But I'm not entirely convinced. I think after half a season, PL coaches will work out how to beat their press and identify where they are weak. 

That might well be the case, but hope he gets praise for the job he’s done so far. 

It’s arguably much more impressive than the likes of Tuchel, Klopp and Guardiola who should be in the top 4 given their budgets (obvious exception is Solskjaer at Man U who is underperforming a lot). 

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Neville's argument that Conte wouldn't have been a good fit because other big names like Van Gaal and Mourinho weren't and Solskjaer should be the man is laughable. Both of those won trophies unlike Solskjaer, Mourinho finished second as Solskjaer did, all spent absolute fortunes. What exactly is he doing that previous managers didn't?

They are still living in the Ferguson era in that ,because he was given time, certain others should be and it will work out fine.

A joke really, I honestly believe no other PL team would appoint Solskjaer… the guy has nothing on his CV other than not making any improvement to Man U since he arrived and a relegation with Cardiff. Any comparison with Ferguson is laughable, Fergie achieved great things with Aberdeen before he arrived 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1