Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Brentford not as good as everyone thinks, starting to lose their way. 

They’re mid-table, which is what they’ve always been and where they’ll finish.  For a newly promoted side with their overall talent level that’s a very good season.

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why could Arsenal vs Watford not have been played at 12.00pm today?

Instead of 3 2pm fixtures?

I don't really understand why all the Sunday fixtures aren't just televised tbh. 

I get wanting to return to Saturday 3pm and the government restoring the laws about that. As annoying as it is, I appreciate the importance to grass roots football that that slot be protected. 

But I don't get why everything isn't broadcast on Sunday, even if its just red button or something. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Amazing to think despite our indifferent start to the season, a win tomorrow and we could be joint 5th, in the league cup 1/4 finals and still in Europe going into the final international break.

There really is nothing between 4th and about 12th or 13th other than runs of form.

Or to provide FT balance we could lose to a Leeds team today who sit one place above the relegation zone thus bringing them to within 1 point of us, play a formidable Liverpool team at Anfield and go out at the league cup 1/4 finals and then produce another turgid draw at home to Legia Warsaw knocking us out of the Europa League lol

Edited by Philkeavo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why could Arsenal vs Watford not have been played at 12.00pm today?

Instead of 3 2pm fixtures?

Because arsenal played at 12:30 last weekend ?   Or the real reason that it’s televised and they like 2pm followed by 4pm ?

the argument is more why isn’t our game at noon?? 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't really understand why all the Sunday fixtures aren't just televised tbh. 

I get wanting to return to Saturday 3pm and the government restoring the laws about that. As annoying as it is, I appreciate the importance to grass roots football that that slot be protected. 

But I don't get why everything isn't broadcast on Sunday, even if its just red button or something. 

The thing, 3pm Saturday is pretty meaningless nowadays, matches can be scheduled for pretty much any day / time. When was the last time we played 3pm Saturday, and the time before that?

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Maybe because Sky and BT have enough games to ensure they get all the Fat6 duels covered which probably with their followings provide for their profits, the rest are just fill ins. Or Not.

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Because arsenal played at 12:30 last weekend ?   Or the real reason that it’s televised and they like 2pm followed by 4pm ?

the argument is more why isn’t our game at noon?? 

Last weekend shouldn't matter surely and has no relevance?

I thought the Everton/Spurs game was on Sky, not Arsenal/Watford, my bad. 

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Last weekend shouldn't matter surely and has no relevance?

I thought the Everton/Spurs game was on Sky, not Arsenal/Watford, my bad. 

Then your question could be why Everton isn’t at midday but that’s not fair on Spurs fans 

last weekend is surely relevant -   Asking away fans to get to games at midday two weeks running is unfair ?? 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Then your question could be why Everton isn’t at midday but that’s not fair on Spurs fans 

last weekend is surely relevant -   Asking away fans to get to games at midday two weeks running is unfair ?? 

Since when did TV companies care about fans though lol 

• Like 1