Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Physicality.

We've got Boys in the team, they've got 11 men.

Agree. We have become so dull and regressive, even passing to our own players has become a lost art.Just look at the corners we had today. Abysmal. I dont care what any one says but we are in a relegation fight. I have seen nothing to suggest otherwise. Hopefully the cockney willy pullers will go into freefall and lose 27 in a row. 

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Aside from winding up the usuals on here with my West Ham posts and the fact I grew up with a number of wanka mates who support them; above all it’s just sad we’re slowly pissing away the season and giving up

opportunities to better the club again. Painful.

And that's just how it feels to me. Like watching the love of your life walk away with just a brief goodbye wave 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, hate this attitude. We had our dream, but you would spitefully deny others the same? Come on man.

Could not care less about any one else except LCFC. West Ham deserve to be where they are..I am not obliged to like it.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I don’t think we’re that bad at attacking set pieces now, we’ve scored at least 3 this season off the top of my head (Man United x2 and Moscow) and had 3 more ruled out for marginal offsides. 

Defending set pieces is of course a different story, we’re a total shambles.

My issue with our attacking set pieces is it’s too variable, we don’t look consistently threatening. Half the reason West Ham are so good at it is everyone shits themselves when they get a set piece because they’re so consistent with them and that makes it even more threatening. We manage one good one a game.

15 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Man City will put a run together and walk the title again

They are the best team in the league - no other side will outclass Chelsea and Man U away like they did, and arguably deserved to win at Anfield too. 

Their defeats have primarily been through poor finishing. If they had a quality striker, they would be walking the league. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, hate this attitude. We had our dream, but you would spitefully deny others the same? Come on man.

Absolutely. I think most true fans of football loved it when Blackburn won the title and if West Ham do it, hopefully we'd celebrate the underdog just as so many fans of football across the globe celebrated our success.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sishades said:

Could not care less about any one else except LCFC. West Ham deserve to be where they are..I am not obliged to like it.

You're not "obliged" to like anything you don't like but maybe some degree of respect for achievement is more honourable ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Moyes picks the same squad for all competitions, the players know the system and how each other contribute in the games, Moyes has drilled them well, hope they win the league (cup)

The league cup is ours this year 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I don’t think we’re that bad at attacking set pieces now, we’ve scored at least 3 this season off the top of my head (Man United x2 and Moscow) and had 3 more ruled out for marginal offsides. 

Defending set pieces is of course a different story, we’re a total shambles.

And their defending at the end from the free-kick was shocking, Mane let them off the hook.

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

How ungracious was klopp

Whisper it quietly but I wonder if they are suffering a bit like Rodgers is? They've failed to win 5 out of 11 this season, had some shocking results last year and were saved by a storming last 10 games.

Of course, they are still putting teams away comfortably when they win but they had two years winning virtually every match and now they are dropping a fairly large amount of points for a top team.

It really is hard to keep going at the same level.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Moyes picks the same squad for all competitions, the players know the system and how each other contribute in the games, Moyes has drilled them well, hope they win the league (cup)

Nobody would take Moyes here. Who would swap Brendan for Moyes? Not me. Moyes is still shit no matter what happens with West Ham. It’s early days yet and plenty of time for the wheels to fall off. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Corky said:

Whisper it quietly but I wonder if they are suffering a bit like Rodgers is? They've failed to win 5 out of 11 this season, had some shocking results last year and were saved by a storming last 10 games.

Of course, they are still putting teams away comfortably when they win but they had two years winning virtually every match and now they are dropping a fairly large amount of points for a top team.

It really is hard to keep going at the same level.

They’ve had essentially the same starting 11 for near enough 5 years now

A slight drop off seems inevitable, still contenders obviously