Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Not read anything but surely Lampard is going to end up at Villa? Absolutely the sort of lazy appointment they'd go for and he'd be interested no doubt.

Be more inclined to say JT after his coaching stint there? 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not read anything but surely Lampard is going to end up at Villa? Absolutely the sort of lazy appointment they'd go for and he'd be interested no doubt.

Still not getting the hype around him. So far he's performed worse points wise than Gary Rowett and Mauricio Sarri, both of whom were unpopular with their fanbases, and, having £250 million in a depressed market, has the team in mid-table halfway through the season.

Yet he's favourite for virtually every job going.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I heard he was going to Norwich. Probably changed his mind now Villa job is there though. 

• Like 1

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Give Hammers their dues, it seems they have taken over our Mantel....& Better

If they can keep their season going & take top 4.. & a shout of the euro league...I will be very happy for them.

Beaten most of last seasons top 7 too, their record vs the dross is strong as well over the last year so they like in rude form for carrying it on.

As good as they are at the moment, West Ham wont keep this up. Playing inconsistent teams at precisely the right time. If they get top 4 then fair play but top 6 would be excellent for them and probably what they'll get. 

• Like 1

There's this idea that I don't particularly agree with and that is that direct and physical football is bad to watch. I think this West Ham are actually very good to watch. I would much rather watched a team playing balls into the channels and getting crosses into the box than passing it around really slowly in front of the opposition. That to me is boring. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

As good as they are at the moment, West Ham wont keep this up. Playing inconsistent teams at precisely the right time. If they get top 4 then fair play but top 6 would be excellent for them and probably what they'll get. 

Well they have over the course of the end of last season and the start of this, It’s like us continuing the end of the great escape season into the title win. Barring injuries they will finish top 4. 

• Like 1

As good as I think they are and as much as I enjoy watching them I can't see West Ham getting top 4. They're a great side but they drifted towards the end of last season and have Europa to contend with this. They're riding the crest of a wave at the moment and have picked up some excellent results...I think they'll get top 6 and have a decent run in Europa, and that is a fantastic season to be honest.

Anyone know the odds on the hammers winning the title? Might be me worth a punt.

remember everyone said the same about us during that famous 2015/16 season! 

If the hammers can keep their team intact no long term injuries they could go all the way. Hope they do. Anyway all the talk about them takes the attention of us. We need to start stringing some results together after the break. Won’t be easy against Chelski but anything is possible. COYF!

6 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Well they have over the course of the end of last season and the start of this, It’s like us continuing the end of the great escape season into the title win. Barring injuries they will finish top 4. 

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Anyone know the odds on the hammers winning the title? Might be me worth a punt.

remember everyone said the same about us during that famous 2015/16 season! 

If the hammers can keep their team intact no long term injuries they could go all the way. Hope they do. Anyway all the talk about them takes the attention of us. We need to start stringing some results together after the break. Won’t be easy against Chelski but anything is possible. COYF!

That's the rub though! You need a deep squad to overcome key injuries as we found out ourselves.

Edited by NaijaFox

6 hours ago, Number 6 said:

As good as I think they are and as much as I enjoy watching them I can't see West Ham getting top 4. They're a great side but they drifted towards the end of last season and have Europa to contend with this. They're riding the crest of a wave at the moment and have picked up some excellent results...I think they'll get top 6 and have a decent run in Europa, and that is a fantastic season to be honest.

Who’s going to beat them out, though?  Yanited and Spurs look a shambles, though Conte will likely have an impact.   Arsenal?

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Who’s going to beat them out, though?  Yanited and Spurs look a shambles, though Conte will likely have an impact.   Arsenal?

Leicester,Spurs could have late runs,

Everton again flatter to deceive, 

(Like us since this year)..Arsenal are slowly refinding their Mojo..

,Wham & Arsenal...will steal the highlights this season...with the Gabby

Bias London media..Throw in a decent C.Palace for Top 8  ,& Brentford survival. Plus honourary London-cache

Team Brighton...

London media will be bloody irritating..

I think that the tightness in the middle pack proves where the PL is at. You’ve got three at the top and West Ham doing very well but the rest are a muchness. Every team has two or three dangerous players. Games are separated by very fine margins. Arsenal have managed this unbeaten run with a great deal of fortune along the way. A couple of decisions either way and you are 5th/6th

• Like 2