Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Lots of people saying that Villa have been unlucky with injuries but they’ve gone out and bought Ings and Bailey who have spent a lot of time on the treatment table in recent years, that front 3/4 will play very few games together. 

29 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i thought villa were going to have this sort of season last season. i guess grealish did make that big of a difference for them?

same transition we had when mahrez left. Its near impossible to replace that type of player for teams like us, you can bring in class, but usually with a catch. Inconsistency, personality issues etc but unless you are incredibly lucky (or very skilled at scouting) those types of talents just cant be replaced. In time, they will build something stronger with the money from the sale 

47 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i thought villa were going to have this sort of season last season. i guess grealish did make that big of a difference for them?

What firing an experience manager who loved their club and hiring stevie g?  I didnt see such madness descending. 

16 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Unlike Man United and Arsenal, I don't see Liverpool's owners giving the job to someone purely because they played for them.

Gerrard has done a great first job at Rangers and his name will be sung there for a while but he has to take the next step up

They gave Dalglish his first job in management.

Speaking to Villa fans here in Brum, a lot of Villa's problems stem from the integration of the new players. Smith was hoping Ings and Watkins would gel but its failed. Alongside this, it felt as though the team is effectively split into Attack and Defence; there is no link between the two. The defence and deepest midfielder are constantly exposed. They've also in the winless win, had a few moments of margins which go against. The Saints loss was by far the worst performance by them which didn't have a mitigating factor. 

They are short in midfield at the moment. Sanson has been a flop. Douglas Luiz and McGinn are the best they have. Quite reliant on kids to deputise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

What firing an experience manager who loved their club and hiring stevie g?  I didnt see such madness descending. 

not exactly that but i did expect them to really struggle last season, given how the previous season before that went. i wouldnt say smith is that experienced in the prem really. i felt they were pretty lucky to stay up in the season they struggled as they were terrible. have they got gerrard in yet? it's a risk but i wouldn't go as far as it being 'madness' not many managers to choose from out there if you're club like villa.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

I genuinely don't know why people listen to it. 

5 mins and its just rage inducing. What I imagine listening to a The Sun football podcast 24/7.

I am intrigued by the thought process of employing Jamie O'Hara, though. The likes of Merson may spout crap but he was a top player, won big trophies and great to watch. Who thinks "We need an ex-player to give opinions. May have played in the Premier League, possibly for a big team, fairly recognisable. Get Jamie O'Hara in!"

He was arguing the other day that some website had incorrectly put his Tottenham appearances down, as though they'd missed a crucial amount and it really mattered. He played 56 games for them. He played more games for Billericay.

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

I am intrigued by the thought process of employing Jamie O'Hara, though. The likes of Merson may spout crap but he was a top player, won big trophies and great to watch. Who thinks "We need an ex-player to give opinions. May have played in the Premier League, possibly for a big team, fairly recognisable. Get Jamie O'Hara in!"

He was arguing the other day that some website had incorrectly put his Tottenham appearances down, as though they'd missed a crucial amount and it really mattered. He played 56 games for them. He played more games for Billericay.

I suspect it's some of the following:

• Cheap to employ whilst also being a relatively well known name to listeners
  • Happy to say whatever is needed to drive those furious calls
  • No issues with changing stance to fit the necessary narrative
  • Thick skin to ignore the criticism
  • Desire to be in the spotlight at whatever cost

20 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I suspect it's some of the following:

• Cheap to employ whilst also being a relatively well known name to listeners
  • Happy to say whatever is needed to drive those furious calls
  • No issues with changing stance to fit the necessary narrative
  • Thick skin to ignore the criticism
  • Desire to be in the spotlight at whatever cost

He sometimes does work for Malaysian EPL coverage and he comes across a bigger Cock than Thomas Frank.

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Im sure each club could donate to the charity if they wanted. I dont see how wearing away kits does anything.

It raises awareness even if just by discussion, “wonder why the home team are wearing the away kit” 

31 minutes ago, Buce said:

And people criticise Maddison's fashion sense:

_121505511_dcl2.png

Ok firm believer of people can dress how they want, but genuinely, should he seek help as to why he thinks it’s ok to dress like a little girl?

This is really disturbing

Edited by KFS
  • Haha 3