Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

37 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This will really test his ability. More spotlight on him in the Prem than in the SPL, at a club flush with cash. You wonder how much patience he will get to build them up

Bigger egos  to cope with too?

Probably more player power at Villa than at Rangers where he was the main man .

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

He’ll be the main man at Villa. Just as Zidane was the main man at Real (not comparing their credentials as managers, rather levels of respect). 

The ones who are going to be a nightmare to manage, are going to be a nightmare regardless who’s in charge. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

They were never going to offer him the job based solely on what he's achieved at Rangers. 

I don't think it's necessarily a case of that, more that he might have been willing to wait to be offered it as his first job in the Prem.

It will be interesting to see how Gerrard does at Villa. I think he did ok at Rangers. But this may be a real test. Gerrard has always had an ego and loves being centre of attention (remember, this is a guy who gathered his teammates in the centre of a pitch to have a "private conversation" during a televised game). Will the egos in the prem react well. Does he have the tactical knowledge to get on in the prem. All questions that need answering. Its may be the right move for him if he wants the Liverpool job next. For me, I think for his experience, it may be a big job too soon - and Villa is a big job. 

Well the last few days has knocked my delusion I know anything about football. I didn't think NUFC would pick Howe and I thought it was too early for Gerrard to move from Rangers. 

It's a big signal from Villa's wealthy owners to their ambition. Gerrard did a really good building job at Rangers. It will be interesting to see how much Gerrard gets to spend and how he'll push Villa up the table. They play Liverpool early next month, which will be fun. 

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Gerrard has taken a big risk here. If it doesn't work out for him then he's distanced himself from the Liverpool job that he would have more than likely got after Klopp leaves! 

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY ON THIS PLANET THAT HE WOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE LIVERPOOL JOB HAVING ONLY MANAGED RANGERS! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Bit worried about Brendan Rodgers to Rangers, now TBH.  

:fishing:

About as much chance of him going Rangers and there is him going Manchester United.

The biggest rivals of his two previous clubs. Next thing he'll be off to Cardiff lol

Edited by Fox92

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Whoosh. 

No, I got the joke, I'm just putting into context the Man Utd "links".

Hence I added Cardiff even though they're in the second tier.

Edited by Fox92

57 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I think the players will respect him and he will get everything he can out of them we should be looking over our shoulders now with West Ham, Tottenham, Arsenal and I imagine Villa will now be up around us 

• Like 2

Bearing in mind, Villa this year are supposed to be challenging the likes of us. Gerrard has got quite the job on his hands imo.

If you look at the Villa squad starting 11, who would get in Leicester's current best 11 from that lot?

Goalie maybe? - long term over Kasper, maybe.

Mings over Evans/Fofana/Soyuncu? - nah, not for me !

Ings/Watkins? - not sure if better than Nacho/Daka, definitely not Vardy.

I'd take Buendia and Bailey. - These are both better on our right hand side of attack, that what we have, imo

21 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Bearing in mind, Villa this year are supposed to be challenging the likes of us. Gerrard has got quite the job on his hands imo.

If you look at the Villa squad starting 11, who would get in Leicester's current best 11 from that lot?

Goalie maybe? - long term over Kasper, maybe.

Mings over Evans/Fofana/Soyuncu? - nah, not for me !

Ings/Watkins? - not sure if better than Nacho/Daka, definitely not Vardy.

I'd take Buendia and Bailey. - These are both better on our right hand side of attack, that what we have, imo

They probably are challenging us considering we look like a bottom half team one third in to the season.