Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just noticed there some SA world Cup qualifiers rearranged for 27th Jan and 1st Feb. 

Primarily Liverpool and Man City most likely to be affected with their South American contingent. 

Is this why there are no PL and FA Cup games scheduled for that weekend? 

Partly international break / partly the winter break thing they set up a few years ago 

If this was us, it would be fun on here today.   Assume the price of the shares in Gazprom have dipped?  Or Putin is tapping up Roman for some Rubels.

Puts our wonderful Club into a very positive light on season ticket pricing.

20 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I know I'm in the minority but I am actively not watching any games for the world cup. It's wrong on so many levels.

Firstly that Qatar even gets it and secondly that it runs rampant over all the leagues. There is nobody that this benefits other than the fat cats.

And kane gets to score against pub teams.

59 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Surely that includes some sort of hospitality stuff in that area.

I would imagine.

People always talk about prices like this but when the grounds are full every week, you're not telling me all those people pay those prices.

Headline material.

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Surely that includes some sort of hospitality stuff in that area.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I would imagine.

People always talk about prices like this but when the grounds are full every week, you're not telling me all those people pay those prices.

Headline material.

From what I can see it’s not including any hospitality but does have padded seats and new concourses with screens, bars and food to buy. 

the losers will be those who have seats near the half way line who will be forced to pay up or lose their great view and move to the six yard box !

wonder what they will do if not enough people want to stay near the half way line ??.

image.thumb.png.1ad49886825e9009f60075aac816d538.png

Edited by st albans fox

On 17/11/2021 at 17:54, fox_up_north said:

I know I'm in the minority but I am actively not watching any games for the world cup. It's wrong on so many levels.

Firstly that Qatar even gets it and secondly that it runs rampant over all the leagues. There is nobody that this benefits other than the fat cats.

And Southgate's pragmatic sensible football has sucked my love out of the national team. Come, come and watch drab football in morally disquieting surroundings! If they replaced all the players for pugs and stadiums for parking lots and located it in antarctica it would greatly improve my enjoyment and propensity to watch it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

And Southgate's pragmatic sensible football has sucked my love out of the national team. Come, come and watch drab football in morally disquieting surroundings! If they replaced all the players for pugs and stadiums for parking lots and located it in antarctica it would greatly improve my enjoyment and propensity to watch it.

Yes, because we were an absolute joy to watch under Roy Hodgson...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Yes, because we were an absolute joy to watch under Roy Hodgson...

I think my brain's self-preservation mechanism is working well because I have almost no recollection of that period of time.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The big six get a disproportionate amount of this assuming that they finish 1-6 

if shared equally would  be worth approx £16m/season on its own 

for comparison, the existing deal was half the size !! 

I believe the Nordic renewal deal is also upon a vastly increased basis.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Guessing you’ve not watched the England team play for a good 20 odd years then if you don’t like “pragmatic sensible” football. …

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KFS said:

Hopefully means I can drop this Peacock shit and get one service in NBC back lol 

Not certain what you mean by that; but I doubt the news is good for you.  Peacock streaming will host more and more of the PL content.

NBC Sports Network will be shut down at the end of the year.  Some matches will stay on cable via USA network, and NBC itself will probably continue to broadcast one Saturday and one Sunday match.  But the intent is to move as much as possible to the streaming platform, as quickly as possible.

9 hours ago, Bert said:

Guessing you’ve not watched the England team play for a good 20 odd years then if you don’t like “pragmatic sensible” football. …

His brand is significantly worse. At once point I enjoyed watching us play. Now  watching England is like passing gallstones. Excruciatingly painful but you keep on at it because you know at the end everything will be much better. No wait. Hold on. Passing gallstones is actually better than watching us play.