Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

Manchester Evening News

3C1C70EC-3B5D-49B7-87B5-57EE784A36D9.jpeg

Bit that’s only because the fans here expect too much, the players aren’t very good and we’ve only over achieved because of the genius of Rodgers - according to Brendan. 

Get it done I say, and that is in the full knowledge that there are not many good or realistic managerial candidates out there. Fuch Brendan after his comments today. 

This season is proving managers lifespan is ridiculous low

average manager now lasts less than 18 months, its like being a temp contract worker now

the real bosses are the sporting directors and their agent mates, the managers are just hired lackys now outside your peps and klopps( the last of their era by the way)

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Bit that’s only because the fans here expect too much, the players aren’t very good and we’ve only over achieved because of the genius of Rodgers - according to Brendan. 

Get it done I say, and that is in the full knowledge that there are not many good or realistic managerial candidates out there. Fuch Brendan after his comments today. 

It does feel like the beginning of the end now, I think Man Utd will go for him, ZZ I think they will view as a risk, Te Hag unattainable, Xavi gone to Barca.

by far the top 3 managers are already at elite clubs JK, Pep and Tuchel, I just can’t see who they would go for other than Brendan?

I would actually back Rogers to sort out the mess there pretty quick as he did with us, some of the football we played towards the spring after joined was unbelievable, just seems to go stale for him a couple of years in.

who in the blue **** do we get in though?

Get a poll set up. Villas Boas has had a decent time of it but looks a bit high maintenance 

4 minutes ago, adam said:

I thought premier league clubs had an agreement where they can't poach each others managers in the middle of the season. Or have I made that up! 

that went out the window the minute they  stamped all over newcastle at the last meeting

its a free for all now on that one, potter was spoken to I know that before another club went with another candidate

6 minutes ago, adam said:

I thought premier league clubs had an agreement where they can't poach each others managers in the middle of the season. Or have I made that up! 

They do. I think Everton were fined when they poached Marco Silva.

But if United want Rodgers it isn’t going to stop them.

2 minutes ago, mod hero said:

It does feel like the beginning of the end now, I think Man Utd will go for him, ZZ I think they will view as a risk, Te Hag unattainable, Xavi gone to Barca.

by far the top 3 managers are already at elite clubs JK, Pep and Tuchel, I just can’t see who they would go for other than Brendan?

I would actually back Rogers to sort out the mess there pretty quick as he did with us, some of the football we played towards the spring after joined was unbelievable, just seems to go stale for him a couple of years in.

who in the blue **** do we get in though?

Get a poll set up. Villas Boas has had a decent time of it but looks a bit high maintenance 

That’s just it, he will definitely have a positive impact on them. He’ll probably even win something but he will eventually stagnate again. 

He’s a steady choice and I get it. I think now would be a good time as we all know we have to move on eventually and it’s almost better that we start the new journey now as we have big changes coming.

the transition of Vardy, evans and kasper is going to be hard. We are likely losing tielemans in the summer. This next manager has to be someone who can rebuild.  

I’m a bit annoyed we’ve missed out on gerrard, especially if it’s just by a few weeks 

You’d think United would want Zidane since he’s won La Liga and the Champions League whereas Rodgers has won the FA Cup and the Scottish Prem. I’m not saying Zidane will do well but I’d wager he’ll be their first choice.

I'm not sure Rodgers going to man utd will happen. Hes the wrong fit from every angle 1- being he once managed liverpool and despite finishing second 1 season you cant say it was successful spell really... 2- can you see him actually being able to lead and motivate players like Ronaldo, pogba and Fernandes. 3- hes not exactly having a good season at Leicester. I somehow dont imagine his appointment will be met with happen arms by old Trafford fail some will be loyal ole brigade while many won't forget his liverpool connection. 

17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

You’d think United would want Zidane since he’s won La Liga and the Champions League whereas Rodgers has won the FA Cup and the Scottish Prem. I’m not saying Zidane will do well but I’d wager he’ll be their first choice.

Zidane doesnt really want the job, he wants the french job thats well known in france

national jobs are far more secure now, longer contracts and you dont have to be on the training ground every week

• Like 1