Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I guess the announcement from Utd will be officially made on Monday morning when the Stock Market opens.  If Brendan is their choice, he'll be gone pretty quickly, although in the back of his mind, he probably doesn't want to get owned by Tuchel two weeks running, so it might drag on for a week.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I'm not sure Rodgers going to man utd will happen. Hes the wrong fit from every angle 1- being he once managed liverpool and despite finishing second 1 season you cant say it was successful spell really... 2- can you see him actually being able to lead and motivate players like Ronaldo, pogba and Fernandes. 3- hes not exactly having a good season at Leicester. I somehow dont imagine his appointment will be met with happen arms by old Trafford fail some will be loyal ole brigade while many won't forget his liverpool connection. 

They took Moyes on from Everton and don't think he won anything in his time there.Agree think he will have problems with some of them big egos.

5 hours ago, erlee said:

sh*t..we are only 2 points ahead of Watford and Brentford

And only 2 behind Man Utd, this season is going to be the closest for alongside - teams who hit a bad patch of form could be fighting relegation, the same team put a run of 3 or 4 wins together and could be looking at 4th! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AshbyBlue said:

They took Moyes on from Everton and don't think he won anything in his time there.Agree think he will have problems with some of them big egos.

correct.

unless Man U decide to get rid of the mega egos - then they need to hire a manager with an even bigger ego.

One who takes no nonsense - Klopp, Zidane, Poch.. don't know about BR.

Edited by erlee

4 minutes ago, erlee said:

correct.

unless Man U decide to get rid of the mega egos - then they need to hire a manager with an even bigger ego.

One who takes no nonsense - Klopp, Zidane, Poch.. don't know about BR.

Brendan has a bigger ego than any of them. He tries to keep it in check. He is, in his own mind, the best manager in world football. He will bang on some Cuban heels, waltz into UTD and rip up the dance floor. The glitter ball will send beams of light in all directions, but every one will land on BR - he’s THAT good. 

There is only one man for the UTD job and it best be Brendan Fuching Rodgers. 

29 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Just watching MOTD anyone know what the situation is at Burnley? There’s loads of empty seats and it’s a Saturday 3pm KO. 

I saw that and was massively surprised. Especially for a game like that. 

They must surely be starting to circle the drain now, especially if Watford manage to actually pull it off and escape. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

Rodgers might make the list, and would probably do a good job there, but he won't be a big enough "name" for the club and the fans. 

I'd actually like to see him say they are overachieving when he finishes 4th.

3 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season.

Yep. First thing I spotted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season.

That suggests they don’t want Rodgers and are waiting for another manager