Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

People want to see 2 things. The players putting in a shift and a genuine attempt to attack and create chances

If youre not doing that, it'll turn nasty eventually. 

This team has just outplayed Spurs in the first half. People trying to tell me that Rodgers has to play awful defensive football because he's got a few players out

Screenshot_20211121-172658_FlashScore UK.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

This season must have the record amount of unhappy fanbases.

I think its just a case of people are fed up of their teams playing awful negative football of which the majority of teams do.

There's currently a major issue with the game in general.

20 minutes ago, Langston said:

But they were? They capitulated once the title was sealed and ended up 3rd, but they were unquestionably the side we were all keeping eyes on from the chasing pack.

I know it's all a good laugh "haha third in a two horse race, never in doubt aha spursy" but they were our main rivals that season, without question.

I've always said it would make a great general knowledge quiz question, now or in a few more years time, "Who came 2nd when Leicester won the league", how many would say Arsenal? Given just a moment to think about it a lot of neutrals would surely say Spurs. Losing v Chelsea and in their last game vs a relegated Newcastle did for them in terms of getting 2nd place, the focus for weeks had been a narrative of us being chased by Spurs, Arsenal slid past them into 2nd by not collapsing near the finishing line.

10 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

davies, dier and tanganga as their back 3,  lol they'll definitely be busy in jan

They can have Vestegaard for a 10 million pound settlement..... Oh OK we'll give them 11 Million to take him. With a free Bertrand. BOGOF (and I hope they do just that)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

People want to see 2 things. The players putting in a shift and a genuine attempt to attack and create chances

If youre not doing that, it'll turn nasty eventually. 

This team has just outplayed Spurs in the first half. People trying to tell me that Rodgers has to play awful defensive football because he's got a few players out

Screenshot_20211121-172658_FlashScore UK.jpg

Bielsa is working a minor miracle with that group of players tbf

Can see them dropping like a stone if/when he eventually leaves