Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, Matt said:

This is how you silence boos.

Not crying about them.

You wait for the team on top to fluff their chances? Spurs were dead in the first half and Leeds failed to capitalise and now they seem to have run out of gas a bit, shame.

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think its just a case of people are fed up of their teams playing awful negative football of which the majority of teams do.

There's currently a major issue with the game in general.

agree probably down to VAR, players on too much money and don't give a shit about the club they are playing for mainly in the big leagues don't watch much championship so can't comment on that.. someone I was speaking to the other day was saying teams should have to field so many players from the clubs actual area.. i.e homegrown players .. but of course that would bring a bit of a level playing field and the big wigs don't want that to happen.. plus with there being so much focus on the top 5/6 teams its just the same rubbish every season plus the divides getting bigger with the rest of the league, not good.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You wait for the team on top to fluff their chances? Spurs were dead in the first half and Leeds failed to capitalise and now they seem to have run out of gas a bit, shame.

Sounds like how we got almost all our points in the League this season....Poor finishing by the opposition.

We're lucky Leeds fluffed their chances against us, that's for sure.

12 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

agree probably down to VAR, players on too much money and don't give a shit about the club they are playing for mainly in the big leagues don't watch much championship so can't comment on that.. someone I was speaking to the other day was saying teams should have to field so many players from the clubs actual area.. i.e homegrown players .. but of course that would bring a bit of a level playing field and the big wigs don't want that to happen.. plus with there being so much focus on the top 5/6 teams its just the same rubbish every season plus the divides getting bigger with the rest of the league, not good.

Hmmm, not quite what I was getting at, I was more looking at the negative, tepid, one size fits all style that around 90% of teams are obsessed with playing but all the points you make are contributing factors yes.

Quite ironic all the managers are wearing "Play Safe" badges this weekend.

Edited by Matt

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Spurs have a -6 goal difference and are in 7th place. They are playing poorly but still getting over the line something we have not been doing. Results trump style every time.

And Arsenal are 5th with a -4.  There are three clubs on a different planet ... one good but thin squad (WHU) ... and a ton of mediocrity and worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

And Arsenal are 5th with a -4.  There are three clubs on a different planet ... one good but thin squad (WHU) ... and a ton of mediocrity and worse.

Yet Crystal Palace beat Man City and Burnley hold Chelsea. Chelsea are showing however that in general you win nowt if you can't defend.