Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hmmm, not quite what I was getting at, I was more looking at the negative, tepid, one size fits all style that around 90% of teams are obsessed with playing but all the points you make are contributing factors yes.

yea I know what you mean and agree it has became a common style now and as you say it is very negative.. something you see in Spain and Italy or used to at least... I think with foreign influence with managers and players we are now seeing this style as a common template for most teams.

bring back the long ball and 2 pacey wingers bombing down the flanks

50 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The Spurs love in here is going to be nauseating

Just shows winning makes the difference. Tottenham probably weren't any different to how we've played at times but got the job done today.

Let's hope we start doing it.

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hmmm, not quite what I was getting at, I was more looking at the negative, tepid, one size fits all style that around 90% of teams are obsessed with playing but all the points you make are contributing factors yes.

Quite ironic all the managers are wearing "Play Safe" badges this weekend.

I haven’t heard many peoole moan about this style of football like you constantly seem to, so I doubt it’s that’s big of a factor in people apparently not enjoying football right now 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Loving hearing the southern accented Man Utd fans, 'us' and 'we', crying on 606.

Most seem desperate to get Roy Keane in. Now one thinks Steve Bruce would be good lol 

I have a feeling Solskjaer will get another Premier League job- plenty of PR behind him, his mates would give great references, Premier League experience etc.

11 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I haven’t heard many peoole moan about this style of football like you constantly seem to, so I doubt it’s that’s big of a factor in people apparently not enjoying football right now 

Oh, ok.

Glad that's cleared up then.

52 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Sounds like how we got almost all our points in the League this season....Poor finishing by the opposition.

We're lucky Leeds fluffed their chances against us, that's for sure.

But Spurs are wonderful, right? Just trying to get the differentiation clear in my mind

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But Spurs are wonderful, right? Just trying to get the differentiation clear in my mind

Conte has been there what? A fortnight?

Rodgers has been here for a lot longer, and I'd argue Spurs already look more organised. 

6 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Was he saying, "Look at me  I'm good enough to score against Albania, ghosting in between the P.E. Teacher and the Goat Farmer, I'm therefore worth every penny of my salary, it redresses all of Utd's defeats this season, I'm right and everyone else is wrong". Week later he's back on his ass being shown a red card when his team are in the s**t :D

I reckon he did it deliberately to get out of their trip to the Bridge.

55 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Spurs have a -6 goal difference and are in 7th place. They are playing poorly but still getting over the line something we have not been doing. Results trump style every time.

2pts difference between us and them over the past 6 premiership games, their hardly worth mentioning as a team to try and knock us

17 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I would rather watch Conte than half the games in the league. I don't think he is the messiah that some try and claim he is but he has a charisma that is very infectious. 

I was thinking earlier the league is better with him back in it. Box office.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

England will have the best squad in world football at the 2026 world cup. 

So many coming through to add to the existing bunch. 

I'd still take France but England should be going far in this World Cup - regardless of luck with draws.