Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

58 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Wasn’t and isn’t a problem when Justin is fit on that left flank 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Seems a bit of a case of looking too far back….. we actually miss Justin not Chilwell.

Probably true, just seems a long time since we had a fit and firing LB and RB. 

Really effects the way we play, hopefully JJ is back soon

1 hour ago, FOXSE said:

I think Chilwell laughing and joking at the final whistle with his soon-to-be team mates after Chelsea knocked us out of the FA cup final, rankles...

When did this happen?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

What am I not getting in terms of the hate for Maguire and Chilwell? One we sold for a world record fee for a defender, the other came through our academy and we sold him for £50 million and neither (as far as I'm aware) brought the club into disrepute or have ever said anything negative about the club. I get that it's funny to try and rattle them when they're playing against us, but some people are really bitter towards them and I find it weird. It's not like either did anything remotely comparable to what Dennis Wise did all those years ago. 

Chillwell is pretty inoffensive to me but I can't stand Maguire, the blokes face always looks like a slapped arse. He's one of the most robotic captains I've ever seen (up there with Kane) in that he seems to kind of know what to say and do, but doesn't deliver it like a normal person would who is saying those things. Just completely emotionless. Just find him quite weird and annoying as a football personality.

Not hate, although I know the buzz word is "hate" if you don't like something or someone haha.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hejammy said:

No need for panic (or a need for panic) Cantona has just announced he's the new manager, unlucky Brendon :D

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much."

Man U showing absolutely zero football knowledge at the supposed appointment of Rangnick. 

He’s not really a manager and if he’s there for two years after, the incoming manager has to be completely on board. Never really performed at the highest level 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Man U showing absolutely zero football knowledge at the supposed appointment of Rangnick. 

He’s not really a manager and if he’s there for two years after, the incoming manager has to be completely on board. Never really performed at the highest level 

I read this appointment as a bit of a write off for this season but probably good for them going forward. I'm hoping you're right though, prolong this era of theirs for as long as possible.

16 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I read this appointment as a bit of a write off for this season but probably good for them going forward. I'm hoping you're right though, prolong this era of theirs for as long as possible.

Just strikes me as incredibly dysfunctional. He builds clubs, not teams. Will Man U give him the autonomy required? I can't see it. He built Hoffenheim and Leipzig himself, so everything was his decision, I just can't see that at Man U. 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Brentford reusing their kit next year to be sustainable? But the players will likely use 2 tops per game and warm up kits, irrelevant of there being a new kit or not.

If they wash them does it matter?  Bit of a difference to 30 lads having 90 shirts for a game day and 30k buying a new kit isnt there. Some people will criticizse anything! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Brentford reusing their kit next year to be sustainable? But the players will likely use 2 tops per game and warm up kits, irrelevant of there being a new kit or not.

Maybe the sustainability impact won't be major, but it's better than nothing (and the number of players' kits compared to fans' is significant). And not having a full new set of kits every year is what a lot of fans have wanted for a while, there's no need for 3 new kits every year for every club.

Cant see anything there about away kits, but hopefully that means they'll do the same the following season so they're on an alternating cycle. Always something new for those who want it, that way.

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's a great appointment for them. Initially he may not be able to sort them out, but if he's at the club for several years and ends up becoming their DOF, he will sort them out completely, getting their infrastructure in place.

Teams like Arsenal, Spurs and Man U being ran badly is what opened the door for us, but as these teams start to sort these issues out, they will pull further ahead of us again. This compounded by a terrible start to the season by us despite having our best ever squad, plus the ending of the last two seasons really makes it feel like a missed opportunity for what we could have achieved.

With the resources Man U have at their disposal they should be challenging perennially as they did under Fergie. With the commercial revenues and squad expenditure they have, they have no excuse.

• Like 4