Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Ralph good appointment that a very underrated coach whose been over due a move to the premier league for a long time. Hes very much into pushing youth and recruitment. Hes actually spent some time in the UK living Brighton for some years hence why he speaks good English. Shame hes gone there as he would have been good replacement for Rodgers I think.

Mates with Klopp so that'll be interesting rivarily now.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

If they wash them does it matter?  Bit of a difference to 30 lads having 90 shirts for a game day and 30k buying a new kit isnt there. Some people will criticizse anything! 

I guess less fans buying kits, therefore less production, therefore less materials used. And on top of that, saving people money. The players will always have multiple kits every match even if they wore the same shirt 100 seasons.

53 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's a great appointment for them. Initially he may not be able to sort them out, but if he's at the club for several years and ends up becoming their DOF, he will sort them out completely, getting their infrastructure in place.

Teams like Arsenal, Spurs and Man U being ran badly is what opened the door for us, but as these teams start to sort these issues out, they will pull further ahead of us again. This compounded by a terrible start to the season by us despite having our best ever squad, plus the ending of the last two seasons really makes it feel like a missed opportunity for what we could have achieved.

With the resources Man U have at their disposal they should be challenging perennially as they did under Fergie. With the commercial revenues and squad expenditure they have, they have no excuse.

Spot on. Surprisingly intelligent appointment from Man Utd. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Will certainly be entertaining. Isn't he the guy who is supposed to be the godfather of pressing.   Man U are really good at that...... Can't wait to see Ronny buying into that. 

Old football hipsters choice. Reputation better than reality. Less than 50% career win ratio, sacked in pretty much every job he's had, never had a sniff of managing the big 2 in Germany and now hanging out in the domain of upwardly mobile managers, Russia. 

Perfect fit to my mind. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just strikes me as incredibly dysfunctional. He builds clubs, not teams. Will Man U give him the autonomy required? I can't see it. He built Hoffenheim and Leipzig himself, so everything was his decision, I just can't see that at Man U. 

Much is made of that and how he brought them up through the divisions but didn't they both have unprecedented levels of funding outside of the top flight, which kinda makes that a tad easier. 

Dunno might be wrong and my old mind is playing tricks again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Much is made of that and how he brought them up through the divisions but didn't they both have unprecedented levels of funding outside of the top flight, which kinda makes that a tad easier. 

Dunno might be wrong and my old mind is playing tricks again. 

You are correct in both cases. He had zero to start from, so he could mould everything his own. Man U have been a rudderless ship when it comes to that level of management but this is a polar opposite move;  where the control Rangnick wants is bound to upset a few. 

He’s done very little in terms of actual silverware and success. Strikes me as Rugby fan Ed doing the business again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You are correct in both cases. He had zero to start from, so he could mould everything his own. Man U have been a rudderless ship when it comes to that level of management but this is a polar opposite move;  where the control Rangnick wants is bound to upset a few. 

He’s done very little in terms of actual silverware and success. Strikes me as Rugby fan Ed doing the business again. 

Probably what they need then to be honest, they have had plenty of big names post Fergie, all to very limited success.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Brentford reusing their kit next year to be sustainable? But the players will likely use 2 tops per game and warm up kits, irrelevant of there being a new kit or not.

Do they really use different shirts each game? Shocking if they do