Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Brentford reusing their kit next year to be sustainable? But the players will likely use 2 tops per game and warm up kits, irrelevant of there being a new kit or not.

Such a boring kit aswell I’d be fuming if I supported them. No new kit to get excited about and keeping a bang average kit for 2 years, crap 

20 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Never Really won anything,  But stabalised n grounded a few clubs..

Respected through Germany & according to level, will get a squad competing...

The most significant thing about the appointment is that they are going to keep him on as a consultant. It means that they might actually starting to have some direction. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

He won’t last past the summer I reckon unless they spend big .

Wasn't it an 18 month contract he took? He won't be staying on, nope. 

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Two of the weeks were the international break lol 

True! Maybe better to ask 'how did he not figure that out before coming!'

• Like 1

As much as it's a good thing of Leipzig have never won anything, it's not exactly a stick to beat Rangnick with, Dortmund have only won two cups in the time Leipzig have been in the Bundesliga.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

As much as it's a good thing of Leipzig have never won anything, it's not exactly a stick to beat Rangnick with, Dortmund have only won two cups in the time Leipzig have been in the Bundesliga.

Yup..something that Erks the BVB fans...>_<

But that Bayern just keeps on rolling...In the EPL fans world, fans hate/dislike 3-6 Teams without any deep passing..

The Bundesliga is you hate your Derby rivals & then  everybody Hates Bayern....except the plastics & Hosentraeger on the wrong side of the city..!!!:D

Since light-blue- 1860 demise into the twighlight zone, there is very little to counterbalance  any fairthoughts towards a too dominant Bayern.M.

Just when I was ready to toss it in for good on the football coverage in the Guardian, they came up with this bit on Rangnick to Man U ...

It might be tempting to wonder why there was such an urge to tease out Solskjær’s reign to its final stage of entropy if, one week later, it turns out what we actually need here is tactical boot camp with the king of pain. Or to luxuriate in the mouthwatering prospect of mature Cristiano Ronaldo being instructed in the art of violent German gegenpressing by a coach who looks as if he writes books about furniture design and drives a car powered by sunflower oil.

lol  OK, maybe there is still something there besides Squires' cartoons.

• Haha 2

I, for one, am looking forward to the culture shock in the OT dressing room.

But where is All Or Nothing when you really need a fly on the wall?!

Dieter4.JPG.3ced419f56ebd1dd9f482fd7b79b78f5.JPG

Tuchel’s lads know how to suffer!  Conte’s lads will learn to suffer.

Dieter2.JPG.514bcfcc2cced709c74668a629acee30.JPG

But you?  You know no football, you know no suffering.

Dieter3.JPG.3c74bb98eb4e8fff80e45f9dedab5286.JPG

You are girly men!  Girly slabheads and girly GOATs!

Dieter5.JPG.99d370c3fa2fe7bcf347575a4578ba30.JPG

Well, your kleine pals Ed and Ole have left ze building.

You will learn to gegenpress and you will learn to suffer!

sprockets.gif.c77066f3ba669364cbb477943504cf73.gif

Mein trainers, we begin now! 

• Haha 2

Guest StevieLynex
8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Rangnick is really bad news for us and anyone else in the hunt for European places to be honest. Its not about his pedigree as a manager or what he has or hasn't won, it's about the culture shift in approach to recruitment that it demonstrates at United. 

They've been an absolute joke for a decade because they've made signings based on shirt sales and managerial appointments based of fame and profile. They're a disaster. 

Rangnick is an intelligent footballing brain that they appear to be willing to invest in to actually help them start making footballing decisions. What United need and have needed the most for a while now is a director of football with an eye for talent that goes beyond googling the players who have the most Instagram followers. 

Just like Hoffenheim and Red Bull, United needs building from the ground up. They're hugely behind the times and need bringing in to the modern era, which they haven't been at all since SAF left. Rangnick represents a willingness to acknowledge that and put the work in. 

Obviously, its possible the owners and the majority of the board aren't truly ready for it and they'll clash with him. But that's another matter entirely and time will tell. 

To be honest I don't know too much about him but if he is good what's he doing at Lokomotiv Moscow?

Edited by StevieLynex

Guest StevieLynex
9 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Primark? Nah, Sports Direct! 

In my day, it used to be Intersport or Redmayne and Todd

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Hate myself for saying this but this Arsenal side in the main are quite likeable. Can see what Arteta is doing there

He's raised them a notch -- but a notch within midtable.

Obviously it's all going to depend on how he can develop young players.