Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

The narrative that Graham Potter is actually a really good manager who has turned Brighton into the Real Madrid of the south coast is always slightly offset by the actual experience of watching them play. 

Leeds aren't looking great though either, especially in that kit. Jesus.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

The narrative that Graham Potter is actually a really good manager who has turned Brighton into the Real Madrid of the south coast is always slightly offset by the actual experience of watching them play. 

Leeds aren't looking great though either, especially in that kit. Jesus.

I was going to say, this is the battle of the overrated managers, but at least mr bielsa who is not as overrated at all as potter, got them into the top 10

7 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Is it just me or js it very difficult to distinguish these two from a far? Ffs hurts my eyes 

It's not great. Leeds couldn't have wore white either though. I don't think lilac kit could play against their white home kit, which should be the minimum requirement of an away kit, that it doesn't clash much with the home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t think potter is overrated. He has got a very similar squad to what Houghton had playing much better football. They need a proper goal scorer though they miss some easy chances. 

Wasn't that basically Houghton's problem? I remember him playing more expansive football until relegation loomed because they couldn't score and he reverted to more defensive football. 

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s a joke if you put Brightons shirt in a blender it would come out the colour of Leeds. I wasn’t colourblind before this game started but pretty sure that’s gradually changing. 

I'm not colourblind, but my missus was laughing at me because I thought the kit was grey until she pointed out it is purple.  lol

5 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Wasn't that basically Houghton's problem? I remember him playing more expansive football until relegation loomed because they couldn't score and he reverted to more defensive football. 

Nah they were awful under him in a style sense. Potter has definitely improved them significantly. Would be interested to see what he could do with better players at a bigger club.

Just now, Vacamion said:

I'm not colourblind, but my missus was laughing at me because I thought the kit was grey until she pointed out it is purple.  lol

Fair play that your mrs is watching it. I have to use the iPad while some shit Christmas film is on the tv.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

all this Newcastle spending big malarky, don't they have to abide by FFP, and where would they be in those terms? does that affect the wages they can offer?

Not sure to be honest.  

It seems a the odd brown paper bag can take care of most troublesome regulations.

Just ask Man City.

34 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I am colourblind but can see enough difference between the strips for it to not affect me here. Interesting to read the comments of non-colourblind viewers experiencing the problem for a change. 

14 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I am colourblind but can see enough difference between the strips for it to not affect me here. Interesting to read the comments of non-colourblind viewers experiencing the problem for a change. 

Maybe not being colour blind is actually worse?

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Still don't get why people want/wanted Potter here. 

I think he does or has played more expansive at times than Rodgers has with us certainly in the last 12 months and people take the piss out of Potter/Brighton about xG e.t.c, it's just down to the fact they can't finish and/or don't have a striker - when i've watched them over the last 12 months (Which is obviously less than i've watched Leicester) they seem to have got forward alot better, quicker and easier than we make it.

But, it's not a great deal different to what Rodgers is doing here, possession football is possession football, it generally about strangling games, this 'controling' narrative and is largely boring no matter how it's done, 'controling' or 'dominating' possession doesn't mean you 'control' or 'dominate' games but it's how the game should be played, apparently.

Edited by Matt